Advanced Search

Wicked Edge Sharpener Pro II

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Wicked Edge Sharpener Pro II

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paul Harvey
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 1

I am new to this forum and recent recipient of my Wicked Edge sharpener. I have to join the ranks of hundreds if not thousands of very satisfied owners of this wonderful product.

I am on the low side of the learning scale but improving with each problem encountered and solved and thanks to Clay and Kyle for their remedy of my blade angle arms from coming loose and changing my sharpening angle. Now back to the diamond stone for more experience and knowledge and hopefully, soon I will be ready to advance to the chosera stones.

Who would have ever thought the task of sharpening a knife blade would require an in depth knowledge of metals of all types, mathematics and the ability apply them.

Thanks to all who have been so helpful on youtube and Wicked Edges Forum.

Paul Harvey

Tom Whittington
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 159

Welcome to the community, Paul! I have to second your observations about sharpening and in-depth knowledge of steels and design, it’s something I didn’t realize until I dove in last year. It makes a great bit of conversation if you sharpen for others or commercially, since most folks may not appreciate the knowledge required for a truly professional sharpen job!

Don’t hesitate to post up questions, the folks around here are always great to talk to.

Most importantly, have fun! 🙂

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

Welcome Paul,

What problem were you having with your arms? I have had a set screw come loose on the upgraded arms. Wondering what advice you got?

Paul Harvey
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 1

The set screws that hold the upgraded arms in place would come loose on me and being new to my sharpener I was not as observant as I should have been and when I did look my adjustment arms had moved a lot to the point that The stones were shrinking the sharpener.

Called Kyle and informed him of my problem and he recommended a little lock tite. Also, I received some new screws from WEPS that Allows me to be better able to tighten the set scres using the hex wrench that comes with the unit. Problem solved. Hope thi helps.

Paul Harvey

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.