Advanced Search

Why You Got To Love The WEPS!

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Why You Got To Love The WEPS!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

It is now nearly two years since I got my WEPS and wrote my enthusiastic review on the Knife Forum. After nearly 62 years trying to sharpen knives unsuccessfully, I finally made it. And to boot I met many wonderful people from the world of sharpening along the way, who have now become friends. But what of the WEPS…I am still an enthusiast and then some. Why?:
    -all the knives in my house and the homes of my relatives are so sharp. Local folks marvel at my skill and more importantly, my son has quit chuckling at my former efforts to ruin knife blades.
    -my collection is full of the finest knives with razor sharp edges that blow my mind
    -my vise is as firm and unbent as the day I got it and my diamond paddles continue to work well after hundreds of sharpenings.Even my paddle arms/pivots continue sweep smoothly back and forth despite the fact I haven’t had the latest fix with new screws and washers. The furthest I go to get a better and mirror-bright edge is to reverse the arms when I whip our my Chosera stones and seek to polish individual molecules of steel.
    -the WEPS has provided me with a hobby and skill that satisfy this 76 year old dude despite my lousy health…tied in with my Pentax camera stuff and archery, I am happy as a lark. These three things alone keep my mind sharp and facile…something I can’t say for many of the friends I grew up with.Hmmm! The body isn’t so great but the brain seems to be firing on all eight cylinders…well sometimes 6 maybe!LOL!
    -my wife whose clouded face haunted me the first few months after I bought the rig, now she is happy that the knives are all sharp (she is a retired sous-chef)and that I am a happy camper instead of totally crusty like others we both know.
    -look for updated picture of my collection soon.

Bless you Clay,Kay, Bob and my friend, the inimitable Tom from Jende Industries…and bless you too, all the new WEPS guys here on the Forum! what a good place to spend time!

warm regards

Leo

Marion
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 41

But, but… NO PHOTOS???

don griffith
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 51

But, but… NO PHOTOS???

Those are tied to his other two cylinders that don’t fire so well. Perhaps some hi-test gas (ANYONE WHO REMEMBERS WHAT THAT MEANS, RAISE YOUR FEEBLE ARM… IF YOU CAN HEAR ME…:silly:) will get them going.

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

ROTFLMAO!!! Griff, you made me snort my tepid coffee! Tied to my other two cylinders!!! Hi test gas! Oh my gosh! Thank you for the belly laugh my friend!
    Now can I drink my coffee the normal way?!

Leo 😛

Jende Industries
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 342

Thank you, Leo. It has truly been an honor and a pleasure getting to know you these past 2 years my good friend!

Here’s to many more good times ahead!
    :cheer:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.