Advanced Search

Who can guess what this is?

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements Who can guess what this is?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Wesley
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 18

I want this set up myself.

Wesley
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 18

Sounds good news!
    Any news on the DMTs suitable for ceramics yet?
    Looks as if Tuffy for one could have done with them a day or two ago.
    I think like it or not ceramics will stay some people like them for salads and women like them because of their light weight.
    I also know a few riggers use them for dyneema although that is since they firstly won’t buy knives with good steel and most of them cannot sharpen their knives .

I’ve got them in stock, just need to do a little testing and then get them up on the site. I’ll try to get after it this coming week.[/quote]

Clay, I know you have some new stuff coming out. When are you planning on putting everything on the website? I am also interested in the DMT stones.

Jamey Howard
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 63

I’ve read through this whole thread but I still don’t get how the Swat thing works because I’m a dunce.

Please could anybody who has one (Clay? Curtis?) do a video of how to use it?

phillyjudge
    Participant
    • Topics: 21
    • Replies: 63

AGREED.
    Ummm, not that Jamey is a dunce, but rather the new gadget in action!!
    Slo mo and hi def!

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

Just lost my explanation post.
    The jist of it is. The swat is on the bar between the stone and vise, waiting to be adjusted.
    You choose your angle for your stone using angle cube and tighten in place.
    You move the swat into place, matching its face to the stone face and tighten it into place. Now drop it out of the way, and proceed to sharpen.
    When you change stones, you simply mate the next stone’s face to the swat, and tighten it into place. Angle is maintained. A face to face meeting.

The swat allows you to easily maintain the same angle, regardless of different stone thicknesses, with out mucking about with the angle cube.
    The face of all stones will meet the edge of the knife at the same angle.

Hope that makes sense.

The swat will be a great addition.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I’ll do a video when I get back from the NY show next week.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

-Clay

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Any chance of turning out a few of Gib Currey’s scissor adapter it seems to be such a simple solution for scissors I guess it could be made so that you could sharpen scissors ,snips or almost anything the angle bar could extend to such an extent that it would be possible to sharpen any thing up to 90Ëš .
    His idea is simplicity itself only 4 allen keys to undo or I suppose there could be an adapter sleeve so it simply slides over the existing angle bar.
    Just a thought or I shall get something fabricated as Gib has done.

wickededge
    Keymaster

We can get something made up. There is another approach we’re working on that’s also very simple. Maybe I can get competing versions made and do a pass around. Would you guys be interested in that?

-Clay

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

I am on the wrong continent otherwise I would try a pass around the scissor attachment would be really handy and it seems that there is probable a very simple solution.

The difficult one is the one Tuffy is always bringing up that been the serration sharpener!

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

We can get something made up. There is another approach we’re working on that’s also very simple. Maybe I can get competing versions made and do a pass around. Would you guys be interested in that?

You can count me in for a pass around. I already bought a grinder type scissor sharpener but something that does not require electricity would be very handy for farmers markets and such!

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

Any updates? Getting a 3rd degree burn from pocket money :cheer:

wickededge
    Keymaster

We have them in stock, just need to add them to the website. You can order if you email or call in. The price is $40.

-Clay

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant

We have them in stock, just need to add them to the website. You can order if you email or call in. The price is $40.[/quote]

Clay,
    I just back tracked through the thread but I’m a little unclear as there are a few products talked about in this thread? Which product can we order now?

Mark Massie
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 37

The SWAT attachement is what is available for $40 plus shipping.

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant

The SWAT attachement is what is available for $40 plus shipping.

Mark, thank you! Swat order and in the mail! :woohoo:

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.