Advanced Search

What’s the difference with the “Gen II” Kits?

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat What’s the difference with the “Gen II” Kits?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Lincoln Mennuti
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 2

Hi Everyone,

I’m new to the world of sharpeners and have been doing lots and LOTS of reading. I’ve finally decided on going with WE, but when I searched on some of the Dealer sites, there appears to be a “Gen II” version of the Sharpener kit. Here’s an example: http://www.oldawan.com/Products.html

Can someone please let me know what the difference is?

Thank you.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Welcome Lincoln,

We released the Gen II kits about a year and a half ago and that’s all we’ve been selling. The Pro-Pack I and the soon to be released Pro-Pack II have the Gen II kits at their cores. The Gen II featured a couple of upgrades from the original knife sharpener, including detent holes in the Base Rod, a taller Free Vise Jaw and a stainless steel insert in the Fixed Vise Jaw. Any sharpener you pick up now with the exception of the Field & Sport will be a Gen II sharpener.

Hi Everyone,

I’m new to the world of sharpeners and have been doing lots and LOTS of reading. I’ve finally decided on going with WE, but when I searched on some of the Dealer sites, there appears to be a “Gen II” version of the Sharpener kit. Here’s an example: http://www.oldawan.com/Products.html

Can someone please let me know what the difference is?

Thank you.

-Clay

Andrew
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 37

Hi,

Can you advise when the Pro pack II kits will be available, and what is included in this kit.

Thanks

Andrew

Jonny
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 40

I’ve been waiting to see/learn more about the new system before I order. You can see it @ http://www.howesknifeshop.com Seems like you get the new arms, angle cube and some 1.4 & .6 ceramic stones. I’m a Newb so please correct me if I’m wrong.

wickededge
    Keymaster

I’ve been waiting to see/learn more about the new system before I order. You can see it @ http://www.howesknifeshop.com Seems like you get the new arms, angle cube and some 1.4 & .6 ceramic stones. I’m a Newb so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Yes, those things plus the 1/.5 micron strops.

-Clay

Jonny
    Participant

So before you got 5/3.5 Diamond and Leather Strops. In the new system you get 1/.5 Diamond and leather Strops, is that change because of the addition of the 1.4 & .6 ceramic stones?

So in other words you’re getting more in the “Micro Fine Dept”(not sure the terminology). So the benefits might not be apparent to me as I’m new, so why the change/additions?

wickededge
    Keymaster

So before you got 5/3.5 Diamond and Leather Strops. In the new system you get 1/.5 Diamond and leather Strops, is that change because of the addition of the 1.4 & .6 ceramic stones?

So in other words you’re getting more in the “Micro Fine Dept”(not sure the terminology). So the benefits might not be apparent to me as I’m new, so why the change/additions?

Yes – since you get the Micro-Fine Ceramics, you can skip over the 5/3.5 strops and go straight to the 1/.5 strops giving you the ability to further refine the edge.

-Clay

Andrew
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 37

So how much is the Pro pack II?

wickededge
    Keymaster

So how much is the Pro pack II?

The Pro-Pack II will be $675.

-Clay

Jonny
    Participant

Was going to start a new thread about the Pro II but since we’re here, I’ll ask now. Is there going to be a price drop or sale or anything? LOL! I don’t necessarily mind finally ordering this thing and plunking down $675 (yikes!) but if there’s a sale right after I order, things are gonna’ get messy, LOL!!!

wickededge
    Keymaster

Was going to start a new thread about the Pro II but since we’re here, I’ll ask now. Is there going to be a price drop or sale or anything? LOL! I don’t necessarily mind finally ordering this thing and plunking down $675 (yikes!) but if there’s a sale right after I order, things are gonna’ get messy, LOL!!!

No upcoming sales planned, I promise. I don’t like it when that happens to me!

-Clay

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.