Advanced Search

What other knife forums do you live at?

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat What other knife forums do you live at?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 121

We all (here at the WE forum) have several things in common. First; we have knives and in some cases a lot of knives. Second; to some degree or another, we are all OC, (obsessive and compulsive). Third; we like to talk about our knives and last, there is a mutual respect and admiration for one another with our excesses and eccentricities.

I found this forum after hanging out at the bladefoum.com website and several members discussed the best way to sharpen a knife. Ever since then, I have spent hours learning about sharpening and knives and it seems the more you know, the more you want to know. I also learned that knives are like potato chips, in that you can not just have one.

So my question is what other knife related websites or forums do you enjoy or recommend? I have gone to USN, ( usualsuspect.net ) which is also a good forum, but they have a requirement to pay for a membership before you can even visit the trade purchase posting forum. I checked out knife forum.com but found it less active than bladeforum.com and a bit less organized.

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 393

Bladeforum is excellent but Spyderco.com is my most frequently visited forum. Hands down my favorite knife mfg.

Ken

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

I would second the Spyderco forum, even if you don’t like the knives, they sometimes have pretty good discussions on sharpening and blade steels

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Thanks for the tip about the Spyderco forum. I’m not a big fan of Spyderco, but if they have good discussions on sharpening and blade steel, I’m in!

I’m also somewhat active at Knifeforums, which has good discussions on sharpening as well. I used to be active at Bladeforums and sometimes still read there, but my knife hobby has shifted a bit from collecting knives to getting them sharp (which is not a bad thing, cost-wise 🙂 ). And since I own a petty knife in Shirogami (the best steel for a sharpener I know), I’ve been reading quite a bit and posted a few times on Chefknivestogoforum.

And if you want tips on Dutch, German or French forums, let me know! 😉

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Angel Tellez
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 15

Im not sure if anyone will read this since the last reply was over a week ago. But Im new and I thought Id chime in. 🙂 I just found this forum which I already really like, Im also a member on JerzeeDevil.com which is a good forum (but really not for everybody), but the first forum I ever posted at was BladeForums.com.. and it has always been my favorite. I havent been spending much time there lately though. Partly because of this forum and JD.com and also because of my home life. I must warn though, JD and BF are two completely different worlds… BF is more like here, a nice place with good info and respect, and at BF there is a great sence of brotherhood… while at the JD theres still some good info about knives the real difference is how the members interact, some would call it immature because they joke around and trash talk alot, but they still have a sort of brotherhood with eachother as well. I like all three of these forums though because of their different characteristics, they all fit my needs as a knife nut. And, for the most part, everytime I visit any of these forums I learn something new and meet great people.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Im not sure if anyone will read this since the last reply was over a week ago.

Sure, as soon as you post a reply, it’s on top of the list of Recent Topics 😉 .

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.