Advanced Search

What could I be doing wrong?

Recent Forums Main Forum Getting Started What could I be doing wrong?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Marc
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

Recently received my Field and Sport and have started using it with horrible results. I viewed several videos and followed the instructions, but my knife is now more dull than before. I set up, re-profiled, and assured a full length burr according to the instructions before starting to sharpen, but I still end up with an edge that will not slice through paper very well.

I am hoping you all could provide some advice from your experiences on things I may be doing incorrectly as I learn to utilize the system.

Thanks.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Recently received my Field and Sport and have started using it with horrible results. I viewed several videos and followed the instructions, but my knife is now more dull than before. I set up, re-profiled, and assured a full length burr according to the instructions before starting to sharpen, but I still end up with an edge that will not slice through paper very well. I am hoping you all could provide some advice from your experiences on things I may be doing incorrectly as I learn to utilize the system. Thanks.

Hi Marc,

I wouldn’t worry yet. Please read through this article and follow the links: https://www.wickededgeusa.com/i-just-got-my-wicked-edge-and-sharpened-my-first-knife-its-not-as-sharp-as-i-thought-it-would-be-whats-going-wrong/ It should settle any issues you’re having as a new user. The most likely issue is that your stones are not broken in yet. It’s also possible that you ended up with a burr that needs to be removed. Once you’ve read through it and tried the recommendations, please let me know how it’s going for you and I can try to provide further assistance.

-Clay

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.