Advanced Search

WEPS Price Discounting!

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box WEPS Price Discounting!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 351

I see this added to Howes Knife Shop.

“This was just brought to our attention so sale pricing on this category will be affective starting 9-16.”

“Up until now all Dealers that I am aware of have kept their prices in line with Kay and Clay Allison of WE, apparently that has changed.
    We seem to have one of their dealers now offering a Lowest Price Guarantee which is certainly their right but you have to ask why when no one that I am aware of was undercutting WE pricing.
    I have decided to start the sale with 10% OFF at checkout and those on the fence a chance to be part of commerce in action.
    At the very least you will get additional discounting from this other dealer and a great price on your WE.”

http://www.howesknifeshop.com/wicked-edge-precision-knife-sharpeners/

So the prices are no longer fixed?

I assume they are talking about this?
    http://www.oldawan.com/Low-Price-Guarantee.html

Someone mistaken perhaps?

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Billabong,

Thanks for posting this, it is news to me. We’ll be taking action on it immediately. We insist on MAP pricing with all our dealers.

–Clay

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

On reading through Oldawan’s site, I’m not seeing anything specific about Wicked Edge and their pricing at first glance seems correct. Either way, we’ll go through all of our dealers websites and check their pricing.

-Clay

Andrew Glass
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 5

Interesting. I’m sure at some point WE will get to the level of popularity that would support pricing/value added offers by resellers.

Just consider where the money goes. If a dealer purchases the WE at a wholesale price then offers it at some price more than wholesale then Clay sold a unit at wholesale and the dealer got his percentage.

If that dealer offers a service that you need (such as a demo unit to look at, a place to pick one up locally, etc) then he’s earned that percentage. If he’s just a different name to buy from, I personally prefer to buy from the guy who invented it so that money goes back in to R&D for improvements.

Plus it’s kinda nice to be able to ask Kay “can I get this add-on with it” and get a “yes you can” reply.

– Andy

Chris
    Participant

I’m not seeing anything specific about Wicked Edge.

I’m guessing the words “Lowest Price Guarantee” sparked the interest.
    Both sites quoted this line.

Perhaps adding “Excluding Wicked Edge Products” would clear it up on Oldawan’s site?

Anyway, my curiosity is satisfied.

Chris
    Participant

I see Howes Knife Shop removed their discount offer and Oldawan has included this line.

“If you find a lower total delivered price on an identical product we’ll match that competitor’s price on all Wicked Edge products and beat it by 5% on all others products!”

Chris
    Participant

I see a couple of sites still have the ProPack II at $675, but Clay now has it at $699.

Has the new anglebar added $25 to the price Clay?

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

I thought it was whether an angle cube was included, but cube is $35.

wickededge
    Keymaster

Yes, it is the addition of the new angle bar. I’ll make sure we communicate to all the dealers that the price is $699.

I see a couple of sites still have the ProPack II at $675, but Clay now has it at $699.

Has the new anglebar added $25 to the price Clay?

-Clay

Chris
    Participant

At least us Aussies (or Internationals) can now buy the ProPack II without the stone base. ($616)
    Also $15 off International shipping.

Freight kills the cost of including the stone.
    Our Aussie dealer (TonyJ) doesn’t sell the ProPack I or II for this reason.
    “We do not import the bases from the US due to the high cost of shipping.”
    http://www.sharpfection.com.au/wicked-edge/
    I bought the basic kit, then all the stones seperately.
    I’m told I can’t buy direct from Clay. (only the arms)

Cheers Bob! (Oldawan)
    http://www.oldawan.com/Products.html

While over at “Howes”, we are getting something special? :cheer:

http://www.howesknifeshop.com/wicked-edge-precision-knife-sharpeners/wicked-edge-pro-pack-ii-we-have-shipping-confirmation-from-ups-will-be-in-stock-10-23-som

edit- Someone needs to send Howes some updated pics, that is the system as it was when it won in that show.

Both pics are current and details added today! (October 18)

wickededge
    Keymaster

I was just looking at Oldawan’s site – they are listed for $616 when shipped without any base. They go up to $675 (still wrong but about to be corrected) when you add the QuartzStone base.

By the way, thanks for catching it. He shouldn’t be listing them the way he has them and all the dealers need to have the correct price of $699 which reflects the addition of the new degree bar, not the $675 from before we added the new degree bar.

-Clay

Chris
    Participant

He shouldn’t be listing them the way he has them

Does this mean you simply can’t buy a Pro Pack without a base included?

wickededge
    Keymaster

He shouldn’t be listing them the way he has them

Does this mean you simply can’t buy a Pro Pack without a base included?[/quote]

You can always call and customize any order, but they’re not supposed to be listed that way because of the confusion it can cause. People start getting mixed up about what’s in the kits, how much they go for etc…

-Clay

Chris
    Participant

Good to know, I guess the base is always going to be in a seperate box, so not hard to do.

I would love to have a granite base, but freight to Aus would be crazy.
    Nearly had one made, but found a slab of wood, chopping block. (3.5kg)

It needs to be heavy to prevent moving when sharpening.
    Of course I found this out the hard way with my first attempt, when I drilled two holes in a lighter expensive board. 🙁

Chris
    Participant

all the dealers need to have the correct price of $699 which reflects the addition of the new degree bar, not the $675 from before we added the new degree bar.

“WICKED EDGE HAS JUST RAISED THE MAP PRICING ON THE PRO PACK II’S, PICK ONE UP BEFORE PRICE CHANGES NOV 1ST!”

http://www.howesknifeshop.com/wicked-edge-precision-knife-sharpeners/wicked-edge-pro-pack-ii-in-stock/

Get in quick!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.