Advanced Search

WEPS Ergonomics!

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box WEPS Ergonomics!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

(you will have to copy the link into your Web browser… I couldn’t get it to post)

(I pulled your image and posted it.) 🙂

Attachments:
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Thanks! I couldn’t figure out how to do that on my phone lol

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

Wow,

I like both of these, Billy, very nice job and I do love the colorful Stonehinge.

The Panavise looks like a very good match for the WE.

Thinking about the WE it is one of those amazing products that is both perfect (or nearly perfect) out of the box but at the same time has a huge fan base with endless modifications of all types. I compare this to cars. There are are lot of good “factory” cars, a lot that are known for being customs, but not so many that are classified as both.

Chris
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 351

When I first wrote it, I thought it was just a language joke.

But now I think this is much, much more serious.

Compare Chris’ photographs to the real Stonehenge… Scary or intended?… And a good sense of history?

Good to see your serious side Mark. 😉

Some believe these stones have magic powers also!

Thanks for all the comments.
    Not sure if I’m in love with it’s looks?
    But I like the functionality.

I saw the vise setup posted a while back, I like it but I wanted a rest for the arms and I had this big, round chopping block that wasn’t being used.

As for “ergonomics” Phil, you took one quote from that link, I prefer this one.
    “Today, however, the word is used to describe the science of “designing the job to fit the worker, not forcing the worker to fit the job.”

It is the knife “tip” area that concerned me, I felt like I didn’t have enough control there when the WEPS is flat.
    I didn’t have a need to rotate the mount laterally.

I’m still not sure where the level of tilt feels the most comfortable.
    I found some old chair legs here.

I agree it needs to be solid and have a bit of weight for stability.
    Looks like a bit of a party is going on with all the colours though. 😉
    “STONEHINGE” Pffft!

I do like the Panavice, think I might do something similar, but with a slab of stone as a base.
    Wetstones and wood don’t mix. 😆

Chris
    Participant

Is there a copyright on Stonehenge?

Apple don’t own it, do they?

Chris
    Participant

I see Clay has a nice base here, from one of his old videos.

Must be a special order? 😉

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

Sorry if I offended with the stoneHINGE. No harm ment. And I decided I needed to know what a “henge” is, so I learned something–thanks.

There’s a company that sells those bases . . . . I’ve seen it on line . . . For sharpening station or flattening stones.

Chris
    Participant

Sorry if I offended with the stoneHINGE. No harm ment. And I decided I needed to know what a “henge” is, so I learned something–thanks.

Stonehinge is quite clever, not offended at all. 😉

There’s a company that sells those bases . . . . I’ve seen it on line . . . For sharpening station or flattening stones.

Need a link please Mr.Mike!

edit – Jende Industries, $400! :ohmy:

Xbander
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 68

Very nice Billy, you are a very much a outside the box thinker.

I like the stones standing up on the pegs.

A peg board for the stones to stand up, is a good idea. When my stones are wet from use or cleaning I stand them up to dry, have always worried if they get knocked over they might break. I see them falling like dominoes in a bad dream. :ohmy: A peg board would make them easy to move around and safe while they dry, before I store them.

Thanks for sharing the idea,

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 393

Stonehenge?

So…. Stonehenge is actually God’s WEPS? Finally we know what that thing is! 😉

Ken

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

[Quote]

Good to see your serious side Mark. 😉

Some believe these stones have magic powers also!

[/quote]

That’s an understatement :-). Stonehenge is thought to originally have been erected as a shrine where the Druids performed their secret religious ceremonies.

And even nowadays it’s a place where a group of weird women, who call themselves witches, perform dancing ceremonies when it’s full moon.

I thought they had inspired you, Chris ;-).

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

That’s an understatement :-). Stonehenge is thought to originally have been erected as a shrine where the Druids performed their secret religious ceremonies.

A bit OT, but that is where we have been going anyway…
    🙂
    I have been fascinated by Stonehenge for a long time, as well as Arthurian legend and Galic things in general. I have read quite a bit on this, but not for years. This topic made me think to consult the Great Oracle (Google) to see what was out there.

I found some articles that talk about some of the various theories on the origins of Stonehenge:

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1886661,00.html

http://www.britannia.com/history/h7.html

“The question of who built Stonehenge is largely unanswered, even today. The monument’s construction has been attributed to many ancient peoples throughout the years, but the most captivating and enduring attribution has been to the Druids. This erroneous connection was first made around 3 centuries ago by the antiquary, John Aubrey. Julius Caesar and other Roman writers told of a Celtic priesthood who flourished around the time of their first conquest (55 BC). By this time, though, the stones had been standing for 2,000 years, and were, perhaps, already in a ruined condition. Besides, the Druids worshipped in forest temples and had no need for stone structures.”

Surely this does not relate to ergonomics, but it is interesting.

Phil

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

Billy,

I think the saying goes — If you stand in the same place long enough they will put a Starbucks there. I am not sure how to word this for Apple.

Are there little pegs for the stone to stand on or are they just placed there? That would be a good idea to hold the stones during use (maybe not permanent storage).

As far as Stonehinge goes, would those rock be wet or dry stones? In England it rains a fair amount so it could be either.

Chris
    Participant

And even nowadays it’s a place where a group of weird women, who call themselves witches, perform dancing ceremonies when it’s full moon.

I thought they had inspired you, Chris ;-).

Yes, it seems I am always inspired by weird women! :P:

Phil

It is, how did they erect Stonehenge Phil?

Are there little pegs for the stone to stand on or are they just placed there? That would be a good idea to hold the stones during use (maybe not permanent storage).

Short lengths of 6mm dowel, I drilled the holes using a “dowel jig”, so they are pefectly vertical.

Before it was Stonehinge, there was a forest!

To get a forest, I had to dig holes!

These could be stainless steel rod in a stone base with a gold plated WEPS. 😉

I didn’t glue anything, as there is no need!

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

Phil

It is, how did they erect Stonehenge Phil?

[/quote]
    With slave labor, and not worrying about how it effected any of the individual participants, either short term, nor long term… or what they really liked to do…nor how “pretty” they thought the stones were! I doubt if they worried much about their potential for carpal tunnel syndrome, or what made them happy, or how the construction affected their ability to exist in a happy, healthy state once they dropped dead from exhaustion.. I have an idea, that if they had any clue about Ergonomics, they did not care…I think that they were real goal oriented, no room for whiners.

Only judging by results.

It would never happen today… we are a society of whiners… If we don’t get insant gratification, we just stop working and bitch..
    “snipe” ???

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.