Advanced Search

Welcome to the new Wicked Edge Forum

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Welcome to the new Wicked Edge Forum

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Dave Schur
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 39

Hi all, I received my WEPS last week, and have been sharpening ever since.I have already found out that this is addictive and I’m gonna have to add some accessories to my pro kit.

Which accessories are you looking at? And do you have a Costco-size box of band-aids?? :)[/quote]

He he, I’ve found that that my edge afterwards is so sharp that a little super-glue works better for reassembly :woohoo: :silly:

Dan
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 84

Wish I could claim that the one that just cost me stitches came from the WEPS, but it came from the EP. :whistle:

ToJo
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 11

Hi all, I received my WEPS last week, and have been sharpening ever since.I have already found out that this is addictive and I’m gonna have to add some accessories to my pro kit.

Which accessories are you looking at? And do you have a Costco-size box of band-aids?? :)[/quote]
    I’m gonna order the the 1200/1600 ceramic stones in the next day or so and then next month addd the Shapton stones. I have a box of knives and a few straight razors i’ve been buying over the last year or so to restore.

David
    Participant
    • Replies: 23

I got the ceramics ordered too but the price of the shapton stones has me hoping that stroppng will get the knives plenty sharp. I only have a few knives that could possibly need a surgical scalpel kind of sharpness. I have been looking into straight edges again ….

ToJo
    Participant

Well, I did my first thumb slice this evening, Sharpening my leatherman wave with the 1000, and stroked my thumb across.. clean cut

Jende Industries
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 342

Well, you know what they say…

Pictures, or it didn’t happen!

😆

P.S – I hope you are OK!

ToJo
    Participant

all bandaged up, Im sure it will happen again.Pics next go round

Rick Johnson
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

I am a retired building contractor living in a small town (Clinton) in Arkansas. I live on Culpepper Mountain which is about 3 miles from Greers Ferry Lake. I have always had an interest in knives, but was never as good at sharpening as I wanted to be. I just ordered the WE sharpener and hope it give me the edge Iv’e always wanted to get on my knives. I am trying to get a good convex edge.

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Hi Rick! You are very welcome here!You will soon be happy about buying a WEPS. It will give you the edges you always wanted.

Warm regards
    Leo

don griffith
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 51

Hi Rick! You are very welcome here!You will soon be happy about buying a WEPS. It will give you the edges you always wanted.

Warm regards
    Leo

Now, Leo, you should be more clear for our new friend. There are two soons at work here. The first soon is an arbitrary time interval referenced from the event of now[/i] when it is spoken to some expected event in the future–said event being when your WEPS arrives at your doorstep. The interval of time between that event pair is a nebulous thing, with thin, whispy tendrils of certainty wrapped around dense monoliths of uncertainty. How soon soon is is, in a word, unknowable, but management encouragement keeps us hanging on. :dry:
    Now, the second soon is that interval of time between getting your WEPS and opening it (and setting up and using it successfully), which translates into happily.

I’m guessing that interval is about 60 seconds!! :silly:

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

ROTFLMAO!:lol:

Cheers
    Leo

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.