Advanced Search

WE Forum on TapaTalk?

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box WE Forum on TapaTalk?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Jacob Wilson
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 13

95% of my forum activity is through my phone. All my regularly visited forums are gathered in Tapatalk except this one.

Are there any plans to add this capability?

Thanks,
    jw

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

95% of my forum activity is through my phone. All my regularly visited forums are gathered in Tapatalk except this one.

Are there any plans to add this capability?

Thanks,
    jw

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve never even heard of it but will investigate.

-Clay

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 393

I looked at it a while back. It didn’t seem to offer anything for me. But then I tend to be on an iPad wifi, so no bandwidth issues. I’m not a big fan of “mobile” apps, web sites… whatever, that sacrifice decent graphics and functionality to save bandwidth and optimize for a smaller screen (I’d be a bigger fan as a phone user, but that’s never gonna happen 😉 )

Ken

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

You should do this.

TapaTalk is now free… I downladed it and tried it on a couple of other forums. Works really well… especially if you’re on a mobile device. Formats everything for the screen… auto sizes pictures, text, etc. Few other features that I haven’t played with yet, but looks good.

Maybe check and see if possible? Looks like they make a plugin for Kunena…
    http://www.tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=kun

Think it would be an asset!

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

TapaTalk is now installed 🙂

-Clay

cbwx34
    Participant

It works!

Jacob Wilson
    Participant
    • Replies: 13

Soo happy for this! Makes participating so much easier for me! Much appreciated!

cbwx34
    Participant

BTW, I said it’s now free… it is on iOS, its 99 cents for a short time on Android.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I originally missed this. It works great!!!!!! Very easy to use the forum on my phone now. Thanks!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

cbwx34
    Participant

Yea… works pretty good.

BTW, found the Android version is free thru the Amazon Appstore.

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

First look I found I was overwhelmed with forum sites – there are some odd ones out there! Then I found the search button after refreshing the page several times to get to WE .
    IOS seems to have a couple of versions the free version seems just fine, I think it is actually better than my normal browser version of WE forums since the app immediately brings up unread posts although in general I read the forum on my desktop with Safari.

Good call!!

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I was very happy about Tapatalk, but… since I installed it all forum topics seem to have been read. In other words: when I look at the WE forum via a web browser, there are no unread topics anymore, even though I haven’t read them. Probably Tapatalk marks them as read.

Is there anyone who knows how to prevent this?

And, related to that. I removed the Wicked Edge forum from my Tapatalk app on my Android phone. As simple as clicking-and-holding the WE forum name and then select “delete”. However, this doesn’t work on my Android tablet. Is there anyone who knows how to remove a forum from Tapatalk on an Android tablet?

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

cbwx34
    Participant

Do you have any of the auto refresh or similar settings on? I don’t, and haven’t seen this… unless I actually click on and read it in Tapatalk, it still shows unread in the web browser.

Don’t know about deleting the forum.

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

Just curious..
    What does Tappa Talk give you that just using a browser on a tablet or phone.. to read the forum.. does not? I have an Android tablet and phone… I hardly ever use them for web browsing… or for much of anything to be honest. I have used the phone, HTC DNA, to read the forums using the Chrome browser on rare occasions, other than zooming and having to scroll, it seems to work OK. I have never tried to post, or upload pictures…

The PC does all of this fine… and is quite easy without adding any apps to get there..

Again, just curious. Maybe I am missing something.

John Genovese
    Participant
    • Replies: 35

The posts are formatted for small screens. It makes it a lot easier to read and reply to posts. I like it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.