Advanced Search

Vice Screw Info Needed

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance Vice Screw Info Needed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Fred Hermann
    Participant
    • Topics: 30
    • Replies: 188

Hi All,
    I spent a while digging thru the forums looking for info on the screws that come with the PP2 vice.
    This is because I’d like an assortment of lengths to ensure I’m not going to run into them when sharpening at lower angles.
    Here’s what I found, please confirm if these are right.
    *This might make a dynamite add on to the downloads section once all the data is in one place*

The top screw is 1/4″ x 5/8″, countersunk, flat head socket cap screw 1/4-20 UNC thread with a hex hole, so I need the hex hole size also as it’s not obvious what size it is. And maybe the screwhead size assuming there’s variance.

Bottom screw is the same, only 1/4″ x 3/4″.

And I think the hex wrench hole is a ‘2.5’ what ever that means…

I know a few of you have ordered these, any leads on that would be good, or if one of us has a shop and has them in stock, I’ll do an order…

Anyhow, I think if we had a little more detailed parts breakdown on the screws, it would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Hi All,
    I spent a while digging thru the forums looking for info on the screws that come with the PP2 vice.
    This is because I’d like an assortment of lengths to ensure I’m not going to run into them when sharpening at lower angles.
    Here’s what I found, please confirm if these are right.
    *This might make a dynamite add on to the downloads section once all the data is in one place*

The top screw is 1/4″ x 5/8″, countersunk, flat head socket cap screw 1/4-20 UNC thread with a hex hole, so I need the hex hole size also as it’s not obvious what size it is. And maybe the screwhead size assuming there’s variance.

Bottom screw is the same, only 1/4″ x 3/4″.

And I think the hex wrench hole is a ‘2.5’ what ever that means…

I know a few of you have ordered these, any leads on that would be good, or if one of us has a shop and has them in stock, I’ll do an order…

Anyhow, I think if we had a little more detailed parts breakdown on the screws, it would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Good idea Fred, I’ll work on this as a download page. In the meantime, here is the info for the vise screws:

1/4-20 x 5/8″ Flat Socket Head Cap Screw (Available through McMaster-Carr, Fastenal etc…)
    1/4-20 x 3/4″ Flat Socket Head Cap Screw (Available through McMaster-Carr, Fastenal etc…)

-Clay

Fred Hermann
    Participant
    • Topics: 30
    • Replies: 188

what size is the hex wrench?

Oh Clay, the other screws for the arms may be useful in that list as lots seem to swap them out.

Just a thought, and many thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.