Advanced Search

UPS drops it of Monday, WEPS newbie

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat UPS drops it of Monday, WEPS newbie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Matt McCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

So my girlfriend saw me looking at the Pro Pack 1, and decided to order it for me while I was out of the house at school. Yes, she is a keeper, don’t you think? My WEPS is set to be delivered Monday and I can’t wait. I am glad to be a part of this community, and can’t wait to get things sharp.

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Lucky chap

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

So my girlfriend saw me looking at the Pro Pack 1, and decided to order it for me while I was out of the house at school. Yes, she is a keeper, don’t you think? My WEPS is set to be delivered Monday and I can’t wait. I am glad to be a part of this community, and can’t wait to get things sharp.

Phil Russell
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 2

Welcome to the forum. I’m also a newbie but a long time lurker and researcher of the Wicked Edge system. I bought just the basic kit and have since added the 800/1000 grit plates and an Angle Cube (definitely recommended). I can see that soon I will be adding strops to the system to make it similar to what you are getting.

I guess as a newbie all I can say is that you will love the system and to read all the tips and watch all the videos on the site to prepare. As other members have stated – the paddles take a while to ‘bed in’ so it will be a few knifes done before they start settling down. Take it slow and have fun. (Also keep your fingers out of the way.) 🙂

Jack Montrose
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 67

Welcome, make shure you read, a good start is the wiki on this web site. You will love it when it arrives. Like pointed out above, your stones will have a breakin period (maybe 5 to 10 knives). Keep us up to date on your progress. 🙂

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome, Mc! I almost envy you with such a girlfriend 🙂 . Mine finally tolerates my hobby after a few years…

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Matt McCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

I tried to post back from my phone, but I guess it didn’t work. With less than 24 hours to go, I can’t wait. I have a few cheap knives that I can practice with, and then dull back up on a bench stone. So I can get them broken in before getting onto my nice blades.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.