Advanced Search

Upgrade arms

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 37

Hi,

Just received my upgrade arms for Gen 2. It mentions at the end of the instructions to fix the self adhesive bumpers to each corner of the base plate. I didn’t get any self adhesive bumpers. Are these required?

Also in regard to the micro adjust screws, I take it you loosen these and then adjust the allen screw. Is that right?

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Hi, Just received my upgrade arms for Gen 2. It mentions at the end of the instructions to fix the self adhesive bumpers to each corner of the base plate. I didn’t get any self adhesive bumpers. Are these required? Also in regard to the micro adjust screws, I take it you loosen these and then adjust the allen screw. Is that right?

Not sure about the 1st question… the only ‘bumpers’ I can think of are the ones that can be attached to the bottom of the base that the sharpener is mounted too… I don’t know what that has to do with the arm upgrade though.

You’re right on about your 2nd question.

Andrew
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 37

Thanks for clearing that up. Now I read the instructions better I agree with your answer to the first question. It will be what you described. I’ve seen it as something unique to the upgrade kit, but I don’t think it is. Terminology used. I’ve mixed up mounting plate and sharpener base.

Perhaps I should read better. Step 5

Assembling Your Pro-Pack II or Pro-Pack II Upgrade Kit

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Yup… It looks like the instructions are generic… and the bumpers are for the sharpening base.  Sounds like you’re good to go!

Snecx
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 56

Just got the Pro Pack II upgrade kit today. That step got me confused for a while too. I’ve skipped it anyway since I have a custom base plate. I think the instruction can be improvised for future buyers.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

I never read the instructions I don’t believe… Been using mine for 1.5 years with no issues so I wouldn’t worry about it! ?

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.