Advanced Search

Typical Mallorcean folding food knife

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos Typical Mallorcean folding food knife

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Trinxet the X is pronounced ch

This is used to cut Pan – baguette and salchichón the edge is the inside perimeter .
    This was made in Consell Mallorca it is carbon steel and cost me 14€
    I think this is going to be a challenge to sharpen whether I do it on bench stones or the WE or perhaps a cotton mop it is half way sharp.
    I think I may be able to do it on the edge of the stones I think if I ever want to do any serious sharpening on it I will have to sharpen it with the blade half open so I can get to the heel of the blade since when fully open the handle is blocking access to the edge with a stone.

Leo Nav

Attachments:
    John Haley
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 32

Nice and a good price… but now you may need that curved blade stone.

Daniel maloon
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 209

Ive done karambits and curved carpet knives with the edge of the stones. You just have to figure out the correct place to clamp it and how to hold the paddles as you go and you’ll get an even edge

Leo Barr
    Participant

I have just stropped it to get a feel of it and I started with the blade half open and at the heel on the corner of the strop the progressed inward on the strop as I progressed up the blade .
    I shall try on bench stones probable tomorrow since it already has a convex edge which I should like to keep .
    I gave it a try on a sausage and I can see why it is good in the field I sort of wrapped the blade around to cut no need for a board it is the same for bread it is almost like using the blade on a wine opener for cutting the foil off the bottle.
    It is a really good design it won’t produce the neatest of cuts and who cares if your in a field it was designed by and for county folk.

Leo Barr
    Participant

Since the handle was going to be an issue I sharpened it on bench stones 150-1K-5k plus I wanted to keep the convex edge.

Attachments:
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.