Advanced Search

Tormek T-8

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Tormek T-8

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kenneth
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 33

I know this is a WE forum but does anyone have experience with a Tormek? Either used it and left it to use WE or maybe use it in conjunction with a WE?

Richard
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 183

I bought one and have used it several times, especially on smaller pocket knives and an occasional paring knife. The blade heighth on these particular examples don’t lend enough clearance for the stone to clear the vice even with using the Low Angle Adapter (LAA). It does the trick, there are some good YouTube videos on how to properly use it as well, however, it does have one drawback IMO. The rubber strap used to tighten down on the handle leaves plenty of room for angle variation, i.e., when you crank down the the adjustment screw to tighten the band, the more it wants to roll which varies the angle of the blade. So the result is spending quite a bit of time adjusting and readjusting the rubber strap until you gain the angle you want. The videos I’ve seen show that you just place the bar on the table at the same time you’re clamping the knife in place and it should line up perfectly but I haven’t experienced that using my angle guide.

Kenneth
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 33

Got a great Deal on a Tormek T-8 and a Wen unit. The Wen is much louder and runs a bit faster RPM wise. I have these 250 watt portable power units to power cash register and such in case I go to flea markets or knife shows and just for giggles wanted to see how long these units would power the Tormek and Wen. Surprisingly it powered them continuously for 3 hours

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.