Advanced Search

Tonite’s projects

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Tonite’s projects

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jill Dufour
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 5

Clay and everyone…

Here’s the quick $20 I made tonite from a chef friend (pix attached). The pretty little 6″Kramer had a bent tip. Straightened it, reprofiled the blade, and played with strops to get a polish. The Ken Onion 8″ blade was wrecked… Nicks, dull edge, signs of bad steeling. Reprofiled it and used the same progression as I did with the Kramer.

I still need to break in the diamond plates more, but that one “lessons learned” video withe the demo of the circular stroke to prevent microchipping seems to help.

This is fun… And really relaxing in an odd kind of way. My friend will be pretty happy I think.

Thanks for the advice on this great website!

(2nd thought…. Photos later because I can’t figure out how to get them on from my iPhone)
    Jill

Chris
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 351

I still need to break in the diamond plates more,

It keeps getting better.

(2nd thought…. Photos later because I can’t figure out how to get them on from my iPhone)
    Jill

Perhaps the free Photobucket App? (sign up)

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Perhaps the free Photobucket App? (sign up)

The Photobucket App has been the easiest way I’ve found so far, to share from the iPhone / iPad.

Otherwise, not only do you have to save them to a computer, but you’ll need to reduce the file size to host them directly in the forum.

Xbander
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 68

Hi Jill, Welcome to the Forum.

Have to agree with you “fun… And really relaxing in an odd kind of way”
    It must have been great fun working with Damascus, those are both very nice knives.
    As the diamond plates break in, you will even find it more fun, you will see the edge detail
    getting better and better. I am guessing you are re-profiling at 16 Deg.
    It is amazing to see the edges come back to life.
    Look forward to the photos when you can.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.