Advanced Search

They sure are losing their edge

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic They sure are losing their edge

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kennith Chan
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 41

Hi people

Benn awhile since I was last on. Hope everyone is well.

Since Wicked Edge is not in the article they sure are losing their edge.

http://www.wired.com/reviews/2013/03/knife-sharpeners-gallery/

P.S. Sorry Mods wrong place can you please move to the off topic section.
    Thx
    Monk

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

All moved!

Wow… what a terrible article. He got so much wrong, it’s easy to see that he didn’t really try at least some of the sharpeners. Maybe a good thing the WE wasn’t included. 🙂

Scares me when I read stuff like this… makes me realize how much BS I’m probably reading on other stuff.

Kennith Chan
    Participant
    • Replies: 41

I agree. I left a link to this site hopefully more curious people will come and get decent information

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Yeah, it’s a terrible article.

I wanted to leave a comment, too. But commenting is probably for regulars only. The WEPS gets mentioned twice already in the comments.

But the first comment (from a totally different corner) is spot-on: “Another review from the dissociative identity disorder department.”

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

All moved!

Wow… what a terrible article. He got so much wrong, it’s easy to see that he didn’t really try at least some of the sharpeners. Maybe a good thing the WE wasn’t included. 🙂

Scares me when I read stuff like this… makes me realize how much BS I’m probably reading on other stuff.

About 80%+ is junk. I think I have intimated that a few times in the past. When just about anyone can make a video for youtube or publish a blog, it is not surprising. Of course there are a few gems out there, it just takes lots longer to find them lately… hidden among the junk as they are!

Phil

Tom Whittington
    Participant
    • Replies: 159

Sadly just about all industries suffer from this. I used to think that my field was one of the worst when it comes to misinformation and downright awful publications, but I’ve realized in the past few years almost everywhere has its (un)fair share of tripe.

I guess it’s not surprising when print mags became nothing but advertisements that internet publications would follow suit in short order. We’ll just have to spread our own good information and bookmark those doing the same.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.