Advanced Search

The Wicked Edge Wiki…

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat The Wicked Edge Wiki…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

As talked about in an earlier thread, a wiki has been started for members to contribute to. I finally spent some time with this, and hope to get the ball officially rolling.

To be frank, I had a hard time starting because every time I did, I felt like I was just creating another website or forum. So, I looked up the definition of a wiki which gave me a good start:

Wiki: A Web site developed collaboratively by a community of users, allowing any user to add and edit content.

Pretty simple eh? :silly:

So, to kick this off officially (Phil, Scott, and a couple others have already started), I thought I’d start a thread devoted to the wiki.

To begin, I’ve started a guideline page with some guidelines and basic instructions:

Wicked Edge Wiki Guidelines

There is an index page (the main page) with some pages I’ve started:

Wicked Edge Wiki Main Page (Index)

If you have other ideas for pages, post them here or send me a PM. (It’s actually really easy to create one, but I want to track them for now.)

Here’s an instruction page for editing content on a Wiki page:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Editing_FAQ

and also a tutorial:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Tutorial

I’ve put some basic content on the pages, mostly as a placeholder, so don’t think that my content has to be followed. Start your own sections on a page, or add to mine, and be creative!

A couple of other things I’ve noticed so far…

You must be logged in to your WE forum account to post to the wiki.
    Once 4 (or more) “Level 2 Headlines” are created, a “Table of Contents” box is automatically created at the top of the page.

I have no other real guidelines for content creation… that’s up to you! As content is created, I may add a little structure to the pages, like a reference section. But I want to see what’s added and how it looks, and get input from others.

I think it’s cool that Clay has provided this opportunity, and want to keep it simple, to see where it goes.
    Use this thread if you have any questions, comments, need help etc. or send me a Private Message.

It’s not my Wiki, it’s your Wiki! My only purpose here is to get the ball rolling, and to help others add to it. The rest is up to you!

Have fun! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Thank you Curtis, you rock. 🙂

-Clay

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

I got a bit behind in working on this… thought I’d bring it back up.

I’d really like to see some member contribution in this. One idea I’m trying is to pull some of the more detailed forum posts a member has made, giving it it’s own page, then locking it to prevent alterations. There’s still an attached discussion page that others can make comments on.

Other pages are open… members can add to them, edit, etc. so we have the best info possible.

So, this is still alive! It’s a Work In Progress… your chance to get in on the ground floor! 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.