Advanced Search

The new Ball Joints

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat The new Ball Joints

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    John Garcia
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

Hello, I ordered the pro package 1 and I was hoping it will come with the new Ball joints but a user on Youtube is saying that the ball joints are an upgrade that needs to be purchased separately, can anyone clarify if this is true?

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Hi John
    I am not absolutely certain, but I believe the newest rigs have the new arms. Take a look at the enlarged picture of the WE Sharpener at the web site and what I see is the new arms. If you have the older version then the arms are an upgrade for sure.
    Hold on for a bit and Clay will be along with the answer, but I am sure I am right.

Cheers 🙂
    Leo

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Hi John,

Thanks for writing. The WE100 Sharpener and the Pro-Pack I do not ship with the ball joints, only the Pro-Pack II will ship stock with the ball joints. They are available as an upgrade to any WE100 and Pro-Pack I.

–Clay

-Clay

John Garcia
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

Thanks for your prompt response Clay. How can I order the new ball joints? they don’t seem to be on the website catalog. thanks again.

wickededge
    Keymaster

Thanks for your prompt response Clay. How can I order the new ball joints? they don’t seem to be on the website catalog. thanks again.

Hey John, you can call in and order them over the phone. I’d hoped to get them on the site last week but then got the flu so hopefully will get them on in the next couple of days.

-Clay

Chris
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 351

you can call in and order them over the phone.

Has the original price of $120 increased now the kit also includes the new crossbar, Clay?

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Hi John
    I am not absolutely certain, but I believe the newest rigs have the new arms. Take a look at the enlarged picture of the WE Sharpener at the web site and what I see is the new arms. If you have the older version then the arms are an upgrade for sure.
    Hold on for a bit and Clay will be along with the answer, but I am sure I am right.

Cheers 🙂
    Leo

Nope! Wrong again! Silly Leo! 😉

Leo

Chris
    Participant

you can call in and order them over the phone.

Has the original price of $120 increased now the kit also includes the new crossbar, Clay?[/quote]

That’s twice you have asked that same question now with no reply, seems you will have to wait and see Chris. 😉

wickededge
    Keymaster

Thanks for pointing it out! I’ve been chasing my tail a little lately with travel and then being sick. The new price will be $140 with the crossbar.

-Clay

Chris
    Participant

Thanks Clay, I appreciate the reply as my budget is stretched to the limit now.

Will be nudging the $1,000 mark soon. 😉

Love the pics of the new Pro Pack II, almost as much appeal as the iPhone 5 release.
    People will be lining up outside your shop. 😉

Hope you are now in good health and able to lick all those postage stamps to send them on their way.

Ryan Stasel
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 56

might end up being my first upgrade… ugh. will have to start budgeting a certain amount per month/quarter.

Tom Whittington
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 159

might end up being my first upgrade… ugh. will have to start budgeting a certain amount per month/quarter.

As that one image meme goes: I know that feel, bro.

I’m pondering the upgrade, strops, the 1200/1600 ceramics when they come in again… my bank account is already cowering in fear.

Ryan Stasel
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 56

yeah… unless I start asking friends/family to pay for my sharpening. =P Maybe if they give tips I’ll just squirrel those away for upgrades. =)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.