Advanced Search

Testing

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Testing

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 427

Chris, I see you are bearing down hard on this build… I am very new here, but in the last month this forum and its stability is growing almost daily… it has a way to go but, knowing the strong focus, people are more willing to stick around, understanding the complexity of this build. I’ve always understood, that’s why IM still here.

Thanks

Bill aka ET

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

<span style=”color: #ff0000;”>The font size looks good ! Thanks.. I don’t have to squint now. The extended tool bar is great Including the <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>underline</span></span>

I see a special character link but do not see the smiley face link as displayed in a previous post.

Bill aka ET

Anonymous
    Inactive

UT OH…. links like underline, font color are working in the preview or development view but not here in the submitted view.

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

Thanks Bill, I really (really) appreciate all of your input and patience. You’ve helped us drive the forum to a much better place, even though we do have a ways to go. We’re getting into a better cadence of updates, so I’m hoping for lots of progress over the next month.

For your note about the smileys, yes, that’s only in the beta site right now and it should be added to the live site by Monday morning or end of day.

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Yes, yes, please add it! I also like (as a long-time WordPress user) the other options it gives, like indentations.

E.G. what is missing, No smiley faces. ( low priority but still necessary to make it fun )

In our ‘beta’ site we’ve added emoji (smileys); if these look good, we’ll add them to the live site, eta Monday morning. In the current site, it’s possible to get to the Underline option, but you have to click the ‘Toolbar Toggle’ icon to expose this option. I’ll see if we can bump it up to the top row so it’s not hidden; I would agree if anyone says it’s confusing, the way it is…smileys smiley-options

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Mark76
    Participant

Yeah! The toolbar toggle works!

Underline

Red

Paste as text is useful when pasting from Word (?)

Indent

And a lot of keyboard shortcuts.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Looks like everything is working

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I think that the improvements that Chris and his team have made are looking good and I think it’s leading me to want to be more involved in the forum. The first month or so of the new forum I found it difficult to read and post. I like the new tools and the better visibility.

Thanks Chris for the updates and thanks everyone for the input and the gentle nudges to get it done!

-Clay

Anonymous
    Inactive

I too agree, the forum had come a long way in the last month. Kudos to Chris.  IM all about simple and fun… a forum of common interest should be a community of friends sharing more than just the principle common interest . The more fun, the more participation.

Bill aka ET

Mark76
    Participant

I think that the improvements that Chris and his team have made are looking good and I think it’s leading me to want to be more involved in the forum. The first month or so of the new forum I found it difficult to read and post. I like the new tools and the better visibility. Thanks Chris for the updates and thanks everyone for the input and the gentle nudges to get it done!

+1

christest
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 4

Thanks all, and thanks for the patience. It’s a great group to be engaged with in the forum. I’m glad we’ve been able to make some improvements this week, and we’ll try to keep a steady pace of them coming.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    wickededge
    Keymaster

I’m happy to have these emojis added, thanks Chris! I’m also happy about font colors and formatting tools.

-Clay

Mark76
    Participant

wickededge
    Keymaster

How did you make your smiley bigger?

-Clay

Mark76
    Participant

How did you make your smiley bigger?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.