Advanced Search

test

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat test

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 8

test

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

test

Hey, are you Clay in disguise or a hacker?

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

test

Hey, are you Clay in disguise or a hacker?[/quote]

🙂 I think the webmaster (Dany) is working on implementing some really cool changes to the knife database driven by the recent discussions.

-Clay

Mark76
    Participant

🙂 I think the webmaster (Dany) is working on implementing some really cool changes to the knife database driven by the recent discussions.

Hi Dany, cool! Looking forward to the new features! And many thanks for the forum, we really use it a lot to exchange the most useful (and weirdest) ideas about the WEPS and sharpening in general.

While you’re on the site, could you take a look at its speed? The site is still not very fast. In the past week it hasn’t crashed on me, but a few times something was so slow the webserver gave up processing the page (or something like that). I took a couple of screenshots of it on my tablet. Hope they help.

Many thanks again and success!

Mark76
    Participant

And this is what I saw on my desktop computer a minute ago when I tried to post the previous message.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 8

Hi Mark,
    We are going to migrate the site over to a new server that should help with the speed. We moved it over a little while ago, but an issue with the forum came up shortly after and we thought it was server related, but turned out to be a javascript conflict with the new database.

I will post on here when the migration is complete and if you see the same issues after that we will address them.

Thank you for your feedback.

Dany

Mark76
    Participant

Hi Dany, thanks for your quick reply. Keep up the good work. And success with the migration!

Mark76
    Participant

Just in case it is of any use, here a few more error messages I got recently. Last night around 22 hrs (GMT +2) the site was unreachable for about an hour from where I live.

I’m obviously not the technical expert here, but one thing I noticed (and which is substantiated by some of the error messages) is that the delays/errors often occur when there is database access. So maybe separating the database from the web server is sufficient and not the entire site needs upgrading to (a) new server(s).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.