Advanced Search

Sypderco Lil Matriach a.k.a Lil Devil

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos Sypderco Lil Matriach a.k.a Lil Devil

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

Aloha everyone,

Latest project has been one Ive wanted to do for a while. The original knife is a Lil Matriach that I’ve re-scaled and acid/stonewashed the blade, clip, and all the screws.

Scales I picked up from bladehq. Blade was aggressively soaked for about an hour. Stonewashed with rocks from the hobby store in a large thick plastic protein powder container, wrapped & taped in a towel, and put in the dryer for a couple hours going clunk clunk clunk! 😛

I’ve kept the blade angle at 18dps and after 1000 grit paddles I used glass platens and sanding strips/lapping films down to .3 microns. Finished with 1u/.5u/.25u diamond spray on kangaroo.

Shes an ornery Lil Devil alright! 👿

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Great job Cliff!!!

Please please PLEASE tell me you are not letting that edge rest on the rocks!! it so looks like that lol

CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

Gosh it really does LOOK like its resting right on that rock but ofcourse anybody would know better then to do a newb thing like that…right? :whistle:

Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

Aloha everyone,

Latest project has been one Ive wanted to do for a while. The original knife is a Lil Matriach that I’ve re-scaled and acid/stonewashed the blade, clip, and all the screws. ……

Shes an ornery Lil Devil alright! 👿

A yes, the proverbial Wicked Edge!!

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

Lance
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 7

Awesome job Cliff.
    Glad we met. We need to hook up some time between the kids

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.