Advanced Search

strider sng

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat strider sng

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Robert Devault
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 7

Well I finally broke down and sealed the deal on my first strider. I ordered a sng model. Anybody who has experience with strider I would appreciate your feedback. I thought I’d never spend $400 on a blade. I think it’s an addiction.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Great knives for sure. Not the best edges always out of the box, but lately they’ve been getting much better. I’d love to hear what you think of the edge when the knife arrives. They can be tricky to position to match the bevels exactly so you’ll need to experiment to find the sweet spot. It might involve tilting the blade somewhat and fiddling with the front-to-back position. Definitely use a marker to find the angle and sweet spot. It wouldn’t be surprising if the angles vary from side to side initially. I’d opt for just matching the existing angles to start, or just picking the lower of the two sides and cutting both bevels to match that angle.

-Clay

Robert Devault
    Participant

Thanks for the tips. I’m going to definitely take your advice and try to find the sweet spot.

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Well I finally broke down and sealed the deal on my first strider. I ordered a sng model. Anybody who has experience with strider I would appreciate your feedback. I thought I’d never spend $400 on a blade. I think it’s an addiction.

Yes, yes it is an addiction, but a very nice one! Your wife may not think so, but…! Enjoy your new knife mate! 🙂

Leo

Robert Devault
    Participant

Why is it that now I finally have my new sng broken in. I have a strong urge to own a sebeneza?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.