Advanced Search

Spyderco Sage 3

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos Spyderco Sage 3

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Adrian King
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 19

Hi all, this is the second knife I’ve sharpened. Although mostly very sharp something has gone wrong on the final inch and struggles to cut paper.

Factory edge after a few weeks use.

Wicked edge.

More practice needed I think. The one thing I’ve not been looking forward to is reloading the knife in the vice at the same angle, going to struggle with that I think.

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Here’s a review vid I did on the WEPS… go to 19:22 in the video and that is how I clamp in FFG knives… works well enough to pretty match up previous angles.

Looking good though! I would just keep practicing… you will def. get the hang of it! Also, your stones do need to break in (approx. 10 knives) before they perform optimally. Keep us posted!

Adrian King
    Participant

Thanks! That was one of the many vid’s I’d watched while waiting for delivery. I’ve used electrical tape and its seems to hold the knife very tightly.

My concern though is when I want to return to the knife to touch up and don’t put it back in exactly the same place, would the line up tool not benefit from a few more increments?

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

I don’t think it’s that critical to be exact to the millimeter ( or many mm).
    Use a sharpie and mark the blade next time and see if further adjustment is needed.

Benoît Membré
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 22

Adrian, at what angle did sharpen this one?
    And what to you use for taking pictures?
    Thanks,

Adrian King
    Participant

I think this was something silly like 13 per side Benoit, In fact after doing this one I noticed I was also taking metal off the clamp itself.

For the normal pictures I use a Nikon P500, the close ups are a digital microscope from a local electronics store.. http://www.maplin.co.uk/usb-digital-microscope-with-400x-magnification-286566

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.