Advanced Search

Some fine knives for sale. The first one.

Recent Forums Main Forum Pass Around and Buy / Sell / Trade Want to Sell Some fine knives for sale. The first one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

I am selling off a part of my knife collection and hopefully some of you will like what you see. Please feel free to PM me with any questions. Some of these knives have custom made handles using exotic woods and so they will be more expensive than a knife with the stock scales. If you buy one of these you will also be sent the original scales that were on it when purchased.
    The STS-5 Survival/Combat Knife
    This is a beauty with Cocobolo slabs by Randy Chinn of San Francisco. It also includes the fine, quick draw scabbard.
    Specs:
    Overall Length: 10.875 Inches
    Blade Length: 5.5 Inches
    Blade Steel: 154CM S.S. @ 58rc
    Blade Thickness: .270 Inch
    Weight: 11.250 Ounces

This would be a fine gift for a member of the armed forces or for someone who operates in areas where survival may be an issue. Otherwise it makes a beautiful addition to any collection. This blade has an extremely sharp edge…take care! 😉 Here is a shot of it with the beautiful ESEE-6 with Honduran Rosewood Burl grips.

Here is a different shot showing the Cocobolo scales in good detail

And finally a photo in its scabbard/sheath.

If you are interested in this knife let me know by PM and we can discuss price. PayPal please. The final price will include shipping costs.I look forward to hearing from you. Other knives will be up for sale soon…keep your eyes peeled.

Cheers
    Leo

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Beautiful! Keep posting them Leo, I’m sure I’ll pick up a couple 🙂

-Clay

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

May be interested if some Le Thiers pop up.

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

May be interested if some Le Thiers pop up.

Sorry Mike but they are spoken for. Perhaps another knife that you will see posted.

Cheers
    Leo

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Here are a couple more pictures of the STS-5 you might like to see.
    A fuzz stick my 9 year old grandson made with this knife. You can see in this shot, the extreme thickness of the spine on this blade

Here is one of the knife in its sheath. Even unbuckled, the knife is retained in the handle down position, yet it can be drawn silently and swiftly.You can also see the original handle scales that will come with the knife when purchased.

As I have said earlier, this is an excellent knife for the person who hikes and travels into remote areas or for someone in the military where survival may depend on stealth and the strength of your blade.

Cheers
    Leo

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

Dang those prearranged knife marriages, Leo!!!

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

I have decided to sell this knife with the quick draw leather scabbard, original sheath and G-10 scales for $200 US, shipping extra. I will point out that with retail price and costs for the custom handle etc. my buying price for this knife was well over $300. The knife has been barely used except for making a couple of fuzz sticks. The edge is as keen as can be and slices through the paper test and shaving test like a laser.
    Here is another shot of this knife wearing its original G-10 scales, with its sister knife, the Bravo 1 with spalted maple burl wood scales also by Bark River. The Bravo 1 is not for sale.

Best to all

Leo

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Bump! This knife is a true value!

Leo

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.