Advanced Search

Sharon stones

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Sharon stones

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Wayne Nicklin
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 39

Are we no longer carrying the Shapton stones?

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 393

Are we no longer carrying the Shapton stones?

Shapton? Or Sharon?;)

Ken

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

No, I guess he really meant Sharon stones. They are widely used to sharpen Remington steel.

:cheer:

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Ken Buzbee
    Participant

No, I guess he really meant Sharon stones. They are widely used to sharpen Remington steel.

:cheer:

Oh, SNAP!;)

Wayne Nicklin
    Participant

Just to clarify, Shapton Stones? Are they no longer being carried by WEP?

BassLake Dan
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 110

Just to clarify, Shapton Stones? Are they no longer being carried by WEP?

well Wayne, here is the deal –> you can clarify all you want, but we are not going to let you off the hook that easy.

First you have to understand and listen to my story: I remember her well,.. Sharon Stone lived next door to me when I was about your age 😉 and later married my best friend. In all those years it seemed to me to be the same issue with that darn Stone family, one minute they were sharpening my blade then next minute it was someone else. What with all the tears (water) and slurrly, and expense, yes not to mention that crazy expense (Sharon always wanted expensive diamond plates, micrometers, wow man, you name it, it was always something with that gal, not to mention the time required to ‘maintain’ her !), well..I just moved on and never looked back. Maybe it’s same old same here? What you think ?

Like a lot of guys in that situation I just started buying what I needed when I needed it.:blush: For me it was nano-Crystalline diamond on polishing film mounted on glass paddles… well,.. I guess, in the end,.. it is true what they say “different strokes for different folks..”

😆 😆 😆

Wayne Nicklin
    Participant

Way too funny, it seems that on a beautiful Sunday some people have way too much time on their hands. You right, you weren’t going to let me off that easily.

Ken Buzbee
    Participant

Way too funny, it seems that on a beautiful Sunday some people have way too much time on their hands. You right, you weren’t going to let me off that easily.

Definitely! 😉 I wish I had an answer for you. Sadly not…

Ken

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

All jokes aside, I’m interested as well what has happened to the Shapton stones.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Replies: 944

As am I ! I was just working up the courage and had a few dollars saved to start to put together a Shapton progression. Now I look and they are no longer listed.

Please tell me that this is temporary!!

Clay?

Phil

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.