Advanced Search

sebenza

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic sebenza

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Daniel maloon
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 209

Thinking of getting one of these.plain large 21 @340 or unique graphics@ 575? I’m liking the graphics one but is it a deal? What do you think

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

What’s the graphics done with?

Daniel maloon
    Participant

Looks like cnc and anodized

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I used to have a Unique Graphics Sebenza. It’s personal of course, but to me it looked too busy. Now I’ve got a plain one.

The prices you mention seem fair to me.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Victor
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 80

I buy knives because I want to find out what the hype is all about and among other excuse.

I bought a plain Jane Insingo, then customized it:

SnG and customized it:

XM-18’s, customization in waiting:

Pivot spanners made, now I can start XM mod:

Then this, perfect, will stay the way it came:

The point I am trying to make is, both great price, get both and no regrets!

No help, right!?

Daniel maloon
    Participant

Very nice. Great advice. Your right about dressing up the plain one which would be easy enough. Get both at once lol. I’d be sleeping next to my knives in my car for awhile

Victor
    Participant

LOL. Thats where I snooze!

Been doing that for a looooooog time!

JK!

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 456

I love seeing all these awesome knives I want but can’t afford, especially when it’s taken one step further and customized just for the heck of it. It’s like a guy posting a picture of his shiny Corvette… Oh, wait! That just happened. 😉

Daniel maloon
    Participant

Hilarious guys

jon
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 2

Don’t mean to thread-jack this. I just can’t help to wonder why/wish the Sebenza would come in something like M390 for superior edge retention reasons. It would stand to reason that with the stellar fit and finish and tight tolerances of CR, coupled with the design being more of a simple and elegant design that he would choose a steel with better edge retention than S35VN. I know he pioneered it with Crucible, but even since CRK is so tightly-knit with them, and thus forgetting Bohler, even S90V to me would seem a better choice than S35VN. Being a relative noob when compared to many of you in the metallurgy aspects, if I am missing something please set me straight. It has been kind of disappointing, since I appreciate the craftsmanship and minimalistic simplicity and would like to buy a Sebenza but cannot seem to get past the steel used.

Zamfir
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 346

After reading your post I got that old jeep saying stuck in my head. But different.

“It’s a sebenza thing. You wouldn’t understand”. Lol. I see that on jeeps here all the time. I agree with you on the steel. I don’t own a CR knife. I guess that is why I do not understand.

Victor
    Participant

After reading your post I got that old jeep saying stuck in my head. But different.

“It’s a sebenza thing. You wouldn’t understand”. Lol. I see that on jeeps here all the time. I agree with you on the steel. I don’t own a CR knife. I guess that is why I do not understand.

Nice analogy!

S35VN is a great steel – certainly the level of HRc plays an important factor. RHK’s choose above 60’ish HRc on its XM-18 for example. On the other hand, CRK’s strategy is focus on certain market segment appeal, they have done a fine job and gained many loyalist. There is a significant shift with RHK price and policy for MSRP and direct sale. Having similiar price range, as well as offers on other than S35VN, recommend reserve judgement on craftsmanship and such until having an indepth first hand feel on a RHK.

Each brand has their merits. Its like a candy store right!?

Back to OP’s, one is a normal CRK and the other, more of a collector, both at great price – Go for both and no more dilemma.

Sleep in a car is not so bad for a while! 😆

jimbo45
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 39

The blade looks nice but I’m not a fan of the handle at all. I’d probably go plain jane out of those two.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.