Advanced Search

Samurai Sword today

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpening as a Business Samurai Sword today

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

video will be up on you tube in a few mins. if anyone is interested. a non – WE sharpening.
    see: gravediggermax on you tube.

My day started out with drama – you will see.

Got some truck stuff taken care of kinda – just research for now.

Dropped off floral knives and the chicken knives. Then the best of it at Tony’s x 4.

Hooked up with Derrick the Sword guy – Nice Ticket – stand by for it.

Catmando moves down a level tonight. – His first ever venture to the first floor of ranchomax .

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Nice sword (good luck with that sharpening job!) and sweet Catmando! She will soon rule the whole ranch since she is a cat. There is a reason why the Egyptians worshiped these little guys. 😉

Cheers
    Leo

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Good job did Catmando supervise the works?

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Right Leo! That’s what cats do best. Unlike dogs who feel subservient to humans, cats know better and regard people as staff! 😆 Besides he will be sharpening a Kat-ana! ROTFLMAO! Sorry, pretty poor humour, but the best I could manage until I have my first coffee.

Leo

Leo Barr
    Participant

Very good we could do with a LIKE BUTTON sometimes thats all that needs to be said in addition to the thank you button.

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Very good we could do with a LIKE BUTTON sometimes thats all that needs to be said in addition to the thank you button.

Good idea Leo! A Facebook method that works well. You should mention that to Clay. I will if you like, but it is your good idea not mine.Good thinking!

the other Leo

Leo Barr
    Participant

Since you probable have more dialogue with Clay go ahead & mention it I am not concerned about praise for a second hand idea but often I would like to just do a FB like when someone has either put up a great picture of a knife or presented a great idea like the latest scissor sharpening attachment.

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Wilco Leo!Old military lingo.

Leo

Leo Barr
    Participant

Roger that!

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

New military lingo. Were you in the military at some point Leo?

Leo

Leo Barr
    Participant

No the closest I got to that was when I was at boarding school we had to join the CCF -combined cadet force (which was good fun I don’t recall anyone objecting) which had an army section and an RAF section so I was in the RAF section which meant less drilling and to me more interesting things like learning the theory of flight and getting taken up in aircraft and helicopters .
    The” roger over and out” lingo is of course incorrect but correct etiquette is over when you finish what you are saying and out to end the conversation” roger that “is fine for understood.
    But VHF protocol used to be very lax in the Caribbean on the small Islands where people on land would use it instead of telephones it has probable changed now that the world seems to have mobile phones.

Talking about army type things that some tea drinkers I have come across whilst professional yachting like to refer to tea as ” NATO standard tea” that is tea with milk and two sugars.

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

“Talking about army type things that some tea drinkers I have come across whilst professional yachting like to refer to tea as ” NATO standard tea” that is tea with milk and two sugars. ”

That’s hilarious…I am drinking a cup of NATO tea as I read your message! Strange!

Leo

Fred Hermann
    Participant
    • Topics: 30
    • Replies: 188

Hey Tuffy,
    I’d be interested to know how you plan to sharpen the sword.
    I’ve experimented a little with some of mine and my WEPS, with varying results.
    so…post pics!

🙂

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant

N

Talking about army type things that some tea drinkers I have come across whilst professional yachting like to refer to tea as ” NATO standard tea” that is tea with milk and two sugars.

i have been drinking nato tea then for well over 60 years and did not know it, but i drink mine in a tall glass – 50/50 and 2 sugars.

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant

Hey Tuffy,
    I’d be interested to know how you plan to sharpen the sword.
    I’ve experimented a little with some of mine and my WEPS, with varying results.
    so…post pics!

🙂

Fred

it was just toooo long for the WE – my opinion, so i reverted to my no. 2 sharpener. many call it a Kally
    8 – 3m trizact belts from 120 to 4,000 grit from doug rising.
    1 – leather belt with compound – surgi sharp.
    1 – hand stropping +++ with DLT strop – with black and white compound
    1 – a lot of elbow work+++ with Hagerty 100 polish.
    at the end, if u saw the vid – very sharp.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.