Advanced Search

RECENT SHARPENINGS

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos RECENT SHARPENINGS

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 113

:cheer:
    Here are a couple I just finished. One is a very old U.S. Camillus military fighting knife and the other is a small, Gerber 400 pocket knife.

The Camillus was very hard steel and took me the better part of 2hrs starting with 80 grit diamond up through Balsa strops, and had an edge on top also, so I did that edge as a bonus / surprise for the customer, and he was very pleased. B)

The Gerber is just a small pocket knife my customer uses when Trout fishing, and I started with the 400 grit diamonds through balsa strops on it.

Benoît Membré
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 22

Those knives have never been that sharp! Especially the Camillus. I have that same Gerber Ultralight for almost 30 years, it’s a good little guy..
    Nice job Darrel!

Mark
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 56

I love seeing the transition from the old, well worn and used blade to the new, shiny and razor sharp edge.
    Nice job ! :cheer:

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

I love seeing the transition from the old, well worn and used blade to the new, shiny and razor sharp edge.

+1! My favorite sharpenings are “breathing new life” into an old blade. 🙂

DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant

Thank you Sir………….yeah, that Camillus was extremely dull when I got it, and that one is exactly why I added the 50/80 grit diamonds to my arsenal, and it still took a while to get to where I wanted with the edge, lol. 😆

DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant

Thanks so much for all the compliments………..I asked the customer if he wanted me to clean up the blade and he said no, to just sharpen it…….I think it looks kinda cool with the gleaming edge and the beat up, and well loved middle part of the blade remaining as is. :cheer:

DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant

+1! My favorite sharpenings are “breathing new life” into an old blade. :)[/quote]

I agree Curtis and thanks………..this is the second ” old ” knife I’ve sharpened and they are fun for sure.

BTW……I think I see what you were talking about in your private message to me and will try to remember not to do that anymore ? ( subject line, right ? ) 😆

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.