Advanced Search

Recent Sharpening ( 6th knife )

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos Recent Sharpening ( 6th knife )

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 113

This is a recent knife I just sharpened for a co-worker and I think it turned out pretty good for being only my 6th knife sharpened so far.

It is an old Case XX Sodbuster Jr. and was in very poor shape, edge wise……….it had a heavy nick / chip near the tip that I had to grind down / reprofile, then I started with the 100 grit diamond stones and took it through all the grits in the PP II kit……….I’ve just recently purchased some more strops and the Super Fine Ceramic stones, so hopefully, I’ll get a bit more polished edges in the future. This one I was able to push cut copy paper, but could not get it to ” pop or split ” a hair lain on the blade, but it will shave hair on the arm.

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

This is a recent knife I just sharpened for a co-worker and I think it turned out pretty good for being only my 6th knife sharpened so far.

“Pretty good”…. it looks great! Nice job.

DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 113

thanks Curtis, I am really having a LOT of fun with this sharpener………….can’t honestly believe I’ve used the old Crock Sticks ( ceramics and diamond rods ) for the last 20 years because I don’t know
    how I’ve managed to do without a WES…………IMHO….the BEST sharpener on the market….kudos to Clay for this ingenious design.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.