Advanced Search

Question

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Wood
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

New to this forum, and just purchased a WE Pro Pack I which arrived this afternoon. While assembling, I noticed that the bottom screw hole on my bracket appears to have a piece of stainless stock flush with the tapped hole (or perhaps the hole hasn’t been tapped). I’m attaching a picture for reference. The instructions indicate that you’re suppose to tighten the top and bottom screws, but obviously there’s no way to tighten the bottom screw as there is no hole for the screw to go into. Am I missing or misunderstanding something fundamental about how this is suppose to work, or is this a defect? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

This is completely correct. Tighten the top screw (but not super tight). Then tighten the bottom screw to get the knife clamped in tight. The top screw closes the jaws of the vice against the blade. The bottom screw pushes the bottom of the vice apart, thereby compressing the top (where the blade is) even tighter. The stainless stock is to keep the bottom screw from chewing into the aluminum vice.

Welcome to the forum and have fun.

Stephen Wood
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

Thanks for the response. Makes sense, now that you explained it. Again, thanks!

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome, Red! I think Geo has already answered your question. Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have more.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Fred Hermann
    Participant
    • Topics: 30
    • Replies: 188

Welcome!

Dennis Gocong
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 93

Welcome, Red

From the looks of things that’s a brand spank’in new feature on the clamp lower. In the older model the lower clamp screw would bite and cut into the Al base and put a depression in it. The newer model prevents all that and provides a more solid surface to push against. As you can tell I have the odler model, so it’s a nice touch.

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Welcome Red,
    Remember this is about having fun! Ask all the questions you need to? Everyone is super helpful!
    Eamon

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.