Advanced Search

Proud to be a WE Owner

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Proud to be a WE Owner

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

I posted the following on my favorite knife forum tonight. Made me realize how good WE is and how glad I am I didn’t get the other system. :woohoo:

I’m tired of being worried to use my knives and dulling them out(other than my EDC)

With the Wicked you be surprised how much sharper they are compared to the factory edge. I never worry about this. If it’s not a safe queen, the use it, sharpen, use it, touch up the edge, use it, repeat. A sharp knife is safer and more fun to use.

I’m going to be ordering an EP this weekend. I’m excited. My worry is how difficult it will be to learn on it.

Wicked Edge is easy to use, plus there are a lot of good you tube videos on how to sharpen different blades. Also there is a great forum, just like BM forum here. You can get a ton of help on their forum.

I don’t wanna scratch the hell outta my blades so I will use painters tape.

Not a problem with Wicked Edge

I am not very good at sharpening to begin with.

Are there any aftermarket stones I should get?

Wicked Edge has everything you could want and more, diamond stones, ceramics, Japanese water stones (Naniwa Chosera), strops in balsa, cow leather and kangaroo leather, diamond pastes,….

Go for the Wicked Edge! Like Trailboss said, if you want a $20 stone you can touch up your factory edge, probably get it a little better, you will really need more than one stone to get a coarse, medium and fine grit. With some hand stones you can sharpen for less than a Wicked Edge if you have some skill. If you want a razor sharp, wicked sharp edge then the Wicked Edge is the only way to go. If you are pro hand sharpener you don’t need it, but if you were you wouldn’t be asking.

By the way, the Wicked Edge is no comparison to the old Lanksy. They are both “angle control sharpeners” the comparison stops there. I have both.

Before doing anything I would seriously spend 15 minutes watching a few videos on the WE. Clay Allison, the inventor has some great videos, concise, entertaining and very informative. I was about to get a Edge Pro before I saw the Wicked Edge. I am glad I did.

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Ok… I had to clean this up. :ohmy: Geocyclist was responding to another post in another forum. (Geocyclist’s part is now in blue). 🙂 (I figured it out, this just makes it easier).

I posted the following on my favorite knife forum tonight. Made me realize how good WE is and how glad I am I didn’t get the other system. :woohoo:

I’m tired of being worried to use my knives and dulling them out(other than my EDC)

With the Wicked you be surprised how much sharper they are compared to the factory edge. I never worry about this. If it’s not a safe queen, the use it, sharpen, use it, touch up the edge, use it, repeat. A sharp knife is safer and more fun to use.

I’m going to be ordering an EP this weekend. I’m excited. My worry is how difficult it will be to learn on it.

Wicked Edge is easy to use, plus there are a lot of good you tube videos on how to sharpen different blades. Also there is a great forum, just like BM forum here. You can get a ton of help on their forum.

I don’t wanna scratch the hell outta my blades so I will use painters tape.

Not a problem with Wicked Edge

I am not very good at sharpening to begin with.

Are there any aftermarket stones I should get?

Wicked Edge has everything you could want and more, diamond stones, ceramics, Japanese water stones (Naniwa Chosera), strops in balsa, cow leather and kangaroo leather, diamond pastes,….

Go for the Wicked Edge! Like Trailboss said, if you want a $20 stone you can touch up your factory edge, probably get it a little better, you will really need more than one stone to get a coarse, medium and fine grit. With some hand stones you can sharpen for less than a Wicked Edge if you have some skill. If you want a razor sharp, wicked sharp edge then the Wicked Edge is the only way to go. If you are pro hand sharpener you don’t need it, but if you were you wouldn’t be asking.

By the way, the Wicked Edge is no comparison to the old Lanksy. They are both “angle control sharpeners” the comparison stops there. I have both.

Before doing anything I would seriously spend 15 minutes watching a few videos on the WE. Clay Allison, the inventor has some great videos, concise, entertaining and very informative. I was about to get a Edge Pro before I saw the Wicked Edge. I am glad I did.

Nice post Geocyclist! 🙂

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

Thanks, the original post was in 2 colors, but copy paste did’t work for me here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.