Advanced Search

Posting pictures or images

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Posting pictures or images

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

Hey Guys,
    Can someone please give me a quick rundown on embedding images into a post on this board?
    I have done a bit of searching and tried a few things. So far I just cant’ seem to get it to work.

Phil

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Easiest way is to click “Add File” at the bottom of the message box…

then click “Insert” to insert the code into your post…

The photos won’t appear until you Submit the post.

(Now I just hope this worked!) 😛

Edit 1: Hahaha and of course it didn’t. It did this the other day… for some reason it wouldn’t post the pics. After a while it worked again. So maybe it’s just broken right now.

Edit 2: AhHA! I figured out why it didn’t work… apparently the file size can’t be very large. I reduced them down, and now they posted.

The alternative is to host them yourself… like thru photobucket… then just insert the image code.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Yup. Photobucket works well. You just need to make an account there. You then upload your picture there and it gives you a link (URL). Then you use the “image link” function of the forum to insert this URL in your post. To do so, press the “image link” button (the button of a frame with a chain in front of it) when you’re typing your post.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

just testing.

Well that worked. Cool and Thanks.

Any idea of what the file size limits are?
    I may have to tell my camera to use a smaller size. The 18 megapixel pictures are huge, 5 to 6 MB. Even when I cropped one of an edge it was 1.2 MB.
    Now I need to get a photobucket or similar account so I don’t take up too much room on the WEPS server.

Phil

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.