Advanced Search

Plano plastic storage container for stones

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance Plano plastic storage container for stones

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Spagery
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 30

Well crum…Plano must have made a change cuz you click on the Amazon link to take you to the 23700-01 box on Amazon and it takes you to the -02 box. I just picked up one (-02) thinking this is the same thing and guess what…they do not fit side by side like the one in the video and/or this thread. I’m bummed. Gotta return the Plano box and find an alternative.

If someone knows the new and correct part number/model please sound off!

Ryan

I bought the plano 23700 from the Amazon link and they send me an 02 version instead of the original 01

But I think this 02 is better. Its a bit of an update from the 01

You cant put the stones in the same way but they still fit, just arranged differently.

At first I tried to put them in the way shown that worked with the 01 box but they did not fit right that way, but when I turned them and stacked them on top of each other the lid to the box still shut.

And they changed the latches at the front so that you can now put two stones in there. Right now I just have misc stuff but stones will fit. A total of 16 in the box if you wanted.

This is what my case looks like:

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

That’s great thanks for sharing! I think I have the exact same case! I bought a couple of them from Lowes locally… I use one for my strops and one for my stones. They are just about the perfect size!

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Yup, these Plano boxes are very functional. Here’s mine: http://moleculepolishing.wordpress.com/2012/08/12/wicked-edge-paraphernalia-in-europe/

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Kyle
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 18

I just ordered some from flambeau outdoors. They look just like plano ones except the dividers are made out of a special material that is used to prevent corroison and rust. So any moisture that gets in the box wont cause rust on the stones, or anything metal in the box(meant as tackle boxes)

Zamfir
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 346

I am loving this one. It comes with 2 that strap on and when I sharpen I set one box at each side of the WE. Plenty of room in the main compartment for my strops and other items.

It took off the sticker..but the double small cases fit the paddles perfect. I think it is the only one like it. I picked mine up at sportsmans warehouse.

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 456

Well crum…Plano must have made a change cuz you click on the Amazon link to take you to the 23700-01 box on Amazon and it takes you to the -02 box. I just picked up one (-02) thinking this is the same thing and guess what…they do not fit side by side like the one in the video and/or this thread. I’m bummed. Gotta return the Plano box and find an alternative.

If someone knows the new and correct part number/model please sound off!

Ryan

I bought the plano 23700 from the Amazon link and they send me an 02 version instead of the original 01

But I think this 02 is better. Its a bit of an update from the 01

You cant put the stones in the same way but they still fit, just arranged differently.

At first I tried to put them in the way shown that worked with the 01 box but they did not fit right that way, but when I turned them and stacked them on top of each other the lid to the box still shut.

And they changed the latches at the front so that you can now put two stones in there. Right now I just have misc stuff but stones will fit. A total of 16 in the box if you wanted.

This is what my case looks like:

[/quote]

This is case I’m currently using.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.