Advanced Search

Now a new owner!!

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Now a new owner!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

Stayed up later than usual setting up the new PP-II

It’s all there!!

The dark bases reminded me of our kitchen counter — black, shiny, speckled. Then the white base shows up. I like it.

The knife in the vise is my first go — a cheapo. The only information I can find on it is an almost microscopic “China”.

I’ve got my USB microscope working but am not happy with the images. I’ll work on that.

If you don’t hear from me for a couple of days, I’ll be in the garage at my workbench!!

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

Jed Bowen
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 57

Congratulations on your new arrival. The WE looks good mounted to that pretty white base. Now time to break in the stones on that cheap Chinese blade and then be amazed at how crazy sharp you can get a knife.
    Welcome to the elite club of the Wicked Edge owners.

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

The dark bases reminded me of our kitchen counter — black, shiny, speckled. Then the white base shows up. I like it.

I got an *ALL* white quartzite base. I like it too, except that when it is dirty, it really shows it. The darn thing must weigh 16 pounds. It does keep everything from moving around.

I’ve got my USB microscope working but am not happy with the images. I’ll work on that.

Those Veho type USB camera/microscopes are real fiddly. Lots of folks end up buying better stands for them. That makes it much easier to get good results. There is a thread on that around here that discusses several different types with links. If you are interested.

Welcome to the group!
    Phil

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome Gib! Congrats with your WEPS. Enjoy it!

Phil is right about the VEHO. It is quite fiddly, particularly because its depth of focus/vision (is that the proper term?) is so limited. Nevertheless it is very good value for money. I have one of the stands Phil refers to. But quite often the easiest way to use it is still to manually hold the scope tight against the bevel and then try to focus it.

Success!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.