Advanced Search

New Wicked edge on its way

Recent Forums Main Forum New Wicked edge on its way

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andybrock
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 8

I oredered a WE pro 2 a couple of days ago, cant wait for it to turn up!

This is my first post on here not sure if this the place for a quick intro but here goes.

Im Andy and im from the UK, I’m a pest controller for a living.

Ive always been interested in knives had a small collection until they got stolen! As for sharpening my experience is limited Ive just sharpened a knife until it cuts what I need it to cut and thats always been good enough for me………that is until I watched some of your youtube videos and I was amazed how sharp some of you get them hence the new purchase!

I’m sure Ill be asking some really dumb questions over the coming months so here’s the first of many!

I’ve gathered a few old  folders, fixed blades and kitchen knives to practice on but looking at some they haven’t got a bevel they just seem to be straight blades. Is there a criteria to determin the bevel angle or does that come with experience?

thanks

Andy

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Welcome Andy! I hope you love your system. Please ask lots of questions and share your results with all the great people here on the forum.

-Clay

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome to the forum! I’m sure you’ll love your WEPS. And if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. There’s a helpful bunch of ppl here.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Mikeyv
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 10

Welcome to the forum!!  A lot of great information here and a lot of great people willing to help out

Andybrock
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 8

Thank you for the warm welcomes folks.

driwash2
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 15

Welcome to the forum and the addition of true knife sharpening..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.