Advanced Search

New to Wicked Edge

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat New to Wicked Edge

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Frank Hunt
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

Just purchased athe basic WE sharpener and waiting on delivery due to back order. After many years of trying other sharpening products, which for the most part ended in disappointment, can’t wait to give the WE a shot. Spent alot of time researching WE before pulling the trigger.

Also, after spending time on the forums here, it’s very apparent you guys are serious about sharpening. I need to do more reading to comprehend alot of what you guys are talking about, but I enjoy that part.

Reason I bought the WE is because I fish & hunt and can’t stand a dull fillet knife. Moreover, I love to cook and a dull knife in the kitchen is dangerous.

Hopefully the WE will end my quest for a good knife sharpening system.

Thanks,
    Frank Hunt

Jed Bowen
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 57

Welcome to the forum. I did the same thing as you have done. I saw the WE when looking at sharpening videos and lurked on here for a few months. While lurking and reading I saw what an amazing product it was and with the amazing results and great praise that everyone here was giving the tool that I decided to pull the trigger and spend the money to get it. The WE is pretty easy to use but it is the small details that you will find on here that will make all the difference in the finished product. There are a couple little things you can do to add onto your arms and base to make things easier but that is it. With the basic kit I can highly recommend to shim the arm joints with some washers to take out the play to achieve the best results there. The best of luck sharpening and as far as I am concerned this will be my last sharpening system I will ever buy. Not saying I will not buy more attachments but no more sub par sharpening for me.
    Jed

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Welcome, I to lurked and then bought my WEPS. Since I received it there has hardly been a day that I have not sharpened at least one knife. I love my WE! I find a Zen moment when I use it. I lose hours being on it! My friends tell me they have never seen sharper knives! :ohmy: 😛 :woohoo:
    Good luck and ask a lot of questions for your learning curve, everyone here is willing and able to help!

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome to the forum, Frank! Please take your time to lurk here while you are waiting for your WEPS. There is a lot of information here. You may also want to take a look at the Wiki to prepare yourself for the first few knives on the WEPS. And don’t hesitate to ask any questions!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.