Advanced Search

New to WE – Kitchen Knife Nut

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat New to WE – Kitchen Knife Nut

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peter Lai
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2

I purchased a Pro Pack II WE a few months ago and added a couple more stones a few days ago. I sharpen mainly kitchen knives.

I think I tightened the angle micro adjustment screws too much. The screw shafts might have been bent as a result. It’s just darn hard or next to impossible to micro adjust the angles of the ball joints now. I hope I didn’t ruin them. Can anyone give advice?

Are there pictorial instructions of inserting bronze or metal sleeves into the paddles?

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I think I tightened the angle micro adjustment screws too much. The screw shafts might have been bent as a result. It’s just darn hard or next to impossible to micro adjust the angles of the ball joints now. I hope I didn’t ruin them. Can anyone give advice?

I’m guessing that the threads may be damaged. Try a few drops of oil to loosen it up a little, then remove the ball joints completely. Clean them thoroughly along with the threads inside the L-Collar. Add a few drops of oil and try to reinstall the back into the L-Collars. If that doesn’t do the trick for you, please get in touch with us (phone: 877-616-9911 or support@wickededgeusa.com) and we’ll help you get them repaired or replaced. If you have a 1/4-28 tap you can clean out the threads in the L-Collar and if you have a 1/4-28 die you can straighten out the threads on the ball joint. If not, no worries, we’ll be happy to do it for you or replace them if needed.

-Clay

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Hi Can, welcome to the forum! Bad luck for the screw shafts. But I think you just witnessed some WE customer service. It’s second to none. If you have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Hi Can,
    Welcome to the forum. Hope this is your last fix? lol Customer service just does not get any better then Clay and crew!!! No worries your new toy if far from wrecked! They will have you running in no time!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.