Advanced Search

New guy here

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat New guy here

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Elliott Brass
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 4

I just wanted to formally stop by and say hey. I have been reading everyone’s posts for a month or so while deciding if I really needed a WIcked Edge. I used an Edge Pro, had two and really couldn’t use them if I had a gun to my head. So I picked up the WEPS and sharpened two knives and already love it. On the edge pro I couldn’t hold the knife flat on the base if it took my life.

I picked up a lightly used WEPS with 100-1600 stones, 14/10 and the 5/3.5 micron strops. Before it even arrived I ordered the upgraded arms and an angle cube from WE. I think I still need to order the eraser and a 50/80 stone for reprofiling.

I still need to play with mounting the knife better and so on, but it will come. I have spent countless hours watching and rewatching Josh’s, Modifieds, and Smoke eater 908’s videos on YouTube. So, thanks to them and everyone else on here that puts up good posts that I can learn from. If anything I wrote sounds weird it’s late, have t slept yet, and auto correct on my phone is killing me lately.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome to the forum! I think you’ve just met a great bunch of guys. So if there’s anything you’d like to ask, please don’t hesitate. Also great that you like Josh’s videos. There’s probably no better way to learn the WEPS.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

JS
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 109

Welcome to the forum. I think the 50/80s are a great addition. I’m kinda meh about the eraser though.

Elliott Brass
    Participant
    • Topics: 2

Welcome to the forum. I think the 50/80s are a great addition. I’m kinda meh about the eraser though.

How do you clean the ceramic stones then?

JS
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 109

Comet, Bar Keepers Friend. Probably some other methods out there too.

Zamfir
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 346

Welcome! Great group of folks here. They will lead you down the sharpening rabbit hole quick like a fox!

Hope to see some of your handy work here soon!

-Eric

Stephen Coker
    Participant
    • Topics: 0

Toothpaste with baking soda in it and a tooth bruch..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.