Advanced Search

New Base

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat New Base

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Wesley
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 18

I am wanting a new base for my WickedEdge. I have the paperstone base that comes with the PP1. I am thinking about the Quartz or Granite. What base do you use and what would you recommend?

Andy Steffen
    Participant
    • Replies: 13

I have the paperstone base. I had considered upgrading to one of the others but it turns out I’m really happy with the paperstone. It’s just got a really nice color and feel. And with the fact that the stone ones won’t necessarily match the ones in the photos at all, I’m glad I went this way.

Edit: just reread that and saw that you already have the paperstone… Guess that makes my recommendation less relevant.

Wesley
    Participant

Thank you. I am just wanting something a little heavier.

John Haley
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 32

If you’re concerned about the color… I requested a photo from Bob at Oldawan of the color granite I’d requested. He quickly sent this photo of the base, still in the packaging, and it’s on the way to me now.

Wesley
    Participant

I will have to contact him. That is the color I want!

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I live in Holland. It is obviously too expensive to import these granite bases to Holland due to their weight/shipping costs.

The local Wicked Edge importer has found a nice solution. He found an undertaker/funeral guy that inadvertedly had polished some granite stones at both sides. That’s not the way they were supposed to be, so they were pretty useless to him. So this importer had him cut up these grave stones and now sells them as Wicked Edge bases for a nice price.

I, however, still prefer my IKEA wooden board 🙂 .

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.