Advanced Search

My Introduction

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat My Introduction

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mjcollier
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 36

My name is Mark. I have ordered the Gen 3 and have at least 4 weeks to go. I have never used the WEPS but have watched dozens of videos.

Now for the personal. I am in my 40s,have 3 kids and am married. I’m a huge Ohio State Buckeyes fan. I have multiple sclerosis and am currently on disability. I am very lucky in that I can walk but I do have numbness and balance issues on top of many other problems that I won’t get into here. I tell you this because my limitations are what finally sold me on WEPS. I was an aspiring woodturner but don’t have the energy that it takes to do that anymore so I am selling most or all of that equipment to buy the WEPS. I love having a sharp knife!

I live in Ohio and am from here. I lived in Alabama for 7 years but lost my job due to my illness so that is why I am back in Ohio.

This seems like a wonderful forum and I can’t wait to delve further into past posts.

<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Mark  </span>

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Alan
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 206

Welcome aboard, Mark!  I’ve had my Gen 3 Pro now since last year, and I still love it as much as when I first received it.  The 8 week wait was the most painful part, hopefully you receive yours sooner.  Once you have your new WE, you’ll love it!  Your friends and family will bring their knives for you for sharpening.  Word has spread around for me, and now I have folks in my neighborhood I sharpen knives for (for a cheap price, or sometimes a trade of some sort).  Recently, folks outside my neighborhood have requested my sharpening of their kitchen knives.  I’ve never even advertised! 🙂  You’re gonna have a lot of fun with your new WE Gen 3 Pro.

Alan

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Mjcollier
    Participant

I really look forward to it. Thanks

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome Mark. I’m Mark too  and I hope you’ll enjoy your Wicked Edge! Tbere’s a wealth of information here, but if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Mjcollier
    Participant

Ok, I have a question. The highest grit stones I have ordered are the 1200/1600 stones. I also have 10/14 micron compound and leather strops ordered. By looking at the grit chart it shows that the grit size of the 1600 stone is much smaller than the grit size of the 10 micron stropping compound. Should I cancel the 10/14 compound order and order the next compound down the chart after the 1600 grit stone?

DISREGARD MOVED THIS TO IT’S OWN TOPIC

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.