Advanced Search

Mounting Hardware Screw Problem

Recent Forums Main Forum Getting Started Mounting Hardware Screw Problem

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    s1player
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

I am in process of assembling a Pro Pack 2 and am having a problem with in sufficient screw length to thread in to the base of the WE. When I thread the washers on the screws first and then thread through the hole – there is only 1/16th or just a bit more coming through the top of the base. Not enough to start the thread.

Here is what I have for mounting hardware and base:

1. 2 Screws. 10-32. Tapered head for countersinking. 1 1/2 in length. However, instructions indicate these should be 1 3/4″.
    2. 2 Washers, Metal. Instructions are confusing, but seems these washers should have metal on one side, rubber on the other.
    3. Granite Base 1 1/4 thick. Looks ok – although the “countersink” for one of the holes isn’t quite big enough for the washer.

Questions:

1. Should I have longer screws – the 1 3/4″ length vs the  1 1/2″?
    2. Should I have double sided rubber/metal washer?
    3. btw – why are we running a tapered head screw that can be counter sink in to a washer that is not built to accommodate counter sinking?
    4. Can I use the screws without the washer or will that have the potential to stress or crack the granite? Reason: If I leave off the washer off the assembly – I do have enough screw travel to mount the wicked edge assembly.

Assistance would be appreciated on how best to handle this problem.

Thank you.

s1player
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

Called WE. Turns out the screws can be used w/o the washers. I did that and it worked fine. Washers are supplied in case the base material is less than 1.25″ inches.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.