Advanced Search

Missed party

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Missed party

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Aahh! I missed my 1000th posting.

Well, when my car hits the 250.000 kilometer mark, we’re going to have a party. Me beer, he super special gasoline. It’s probably going to be next week.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

I’m in double digits…. congrats on the milestones…. and thanks for all the work on the forum and all the posts.

I pulled over and got a photo of the odometer when our ’05 Volvo rolled over 100,000 miles (160934 Km)

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

Mark76
    Participant

Haha! Mine is a Volvo, too. Luckily. My previous car was an Alpha Romeo, which would have been long dead at this mileage.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Congrats Mark, that’s awesome! Thank you so much for all of your posts and moderation!

-Clay

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Well, when my car hits the 250.000 kilometer mark, we’re going to have a party. Me beer, he super special gasoline. It’s probably going to be next week.

That’s only like 45,000 real miles right?? 😆 😆 😆

(It’s always more impressive in metric.) 😉

Mark76
    Participant

You’re not invited for the party :ohmy: 😆 😆 😆

It’s still a healthy 156000 miles, though.

When are you yanks converting to the standard metric system, by the way? Even the British, that used to give the wrong example, are nowadays doing it right. 😆

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

I wish that were true we supposedly went metric in ’72 yet most groceries are still in imperial- beers are in pints shots in gills people refers to their height in feet & inches weight in stones and fractions some English people have no idea what a metre is .Britain has dumbed down and the government has not bothered to complete the change over ; perhaps they need another 40 years it is really appalling in my mind .
    Spain still has peseta prices on labels under the Euro all that does is stop people getting used to the Euro which has been around quite a while now I am not sure how many people convert I see little point these people will never become totally used to the Euro I wonder when they are going to stop the peseta pricing on labels they love to talk about the value of properties in pesetas I think this is mainly the old but I think it does not help anyone .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.