Advanced Search

Microscopes

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Microscopes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Robert Gilvary
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 53

I’ve seen mentioned the VEHO 400x microscope in some posts and video’s I’ve watched used to examine blade edges and razors, so I investigated where to purchase and what all is available.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Digital-Microscopes/ci/12478/N/4220238041 I purchased a veho-004 microscope from that company for $52.68 shipping included, and two days shipped from NY to NC.

It comes with a mini-disc that loads the info for using the scope. I word of warning about those mini discs, they can come loose in your computer if you have the side opening drawer. After getting mine out I had to hold my computer on it’s side and reenter the disc and it loaded up just fine.

I like it!!!

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Its best to just download the software from the site I hate software on CDs or DVDs a couple of years back a friend bought a MacBook Air before the app store and the operating system was on a dongle but CDs either don’t play properly or the readers don’t function as they should.

I have the Veho I ended up buying the Dino stand that a few people on this site have otherwise it is very difficult to use . The Veho needs to be touching the blade to be in focus at 400X . But I highly recommend the Dino stand the Veho fits; the advantage with the stands you have a twist knob to raise or lower the scope MS36B Dino is a worthy stand to have I am afraid it is much more expensive than the scope but the scope without a descent stand is almost a toy.

Robert Gilvary
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 53

I’ll have to look into that Dino stand. I do like how this unit works though.

After loosing that little disk inside my computer, I tried downloading the information from the site. Gave up after 3 tries and waited until morning when I retrieved the disc and loaded the info. It was a snap in comparison to the site.

Tomas
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 11

Cool, but how many times do you use a magnification of 400 times?

I bought an old Olympus Tokyo stereo microscope an couple of years ago with both double eyepieces and a double objectives and it provides me with (excellent oldschool optics) a clear view in 10x or 20x.
    With a second set of eyepieces I can magnify the object 15x and 30x.
    In most of the cases, with good sharp white light, 10x is enough.
    The stereo-image provides a excellent widefield image, in which you can recognize scratchpatterns, chips, rolled edges, dull spots, pitting and more.

Ziggy
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 177

This caught my eye and will try it.
    Up to 175x on the cheap 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.