Advanced Search

Micro Fine Ceramics vs Chosera 10k

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance Ceramic Stones Micro Fine Ceramics vs Chosera 10k

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Krystina
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 4

If I was using the progression of diamonds through 1k would I get ‘much of’ a different result using (next after 1k) the Chosera 10k vs the new Micro Ceramics? If so, how… why?
    Thanks–
    Krystina

Joyal Taylor
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 52

I have both types of stones and experimented with using them in different progressions. I’ve noticed a considerable difference in the resulting mirror polishes. I prefer the polish left by the Choseras. It’s more consistent for me. The ceramics leave a “wavy” mirror finish – maybe it’s just the way I use them because I haven’t noticed where anyone else has commented on this.

However, I haven’t gone straight to the 10,000 Chosera after the 1,000 diamond. I’ve only done it by going back to the 800 Chosera and progressing to the 10,000. I think it was jendeindustries who recommended dropping back to (at lesst) one grit coarser than the previous grit – when changing types of stones during a progression.

I’m not sure about differences in sharpness, edges, etc between the Choseras vs Ceramics.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.