Advanced Search

Me right now

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Me right now

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Johpe
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 71

This is me right now:

:huh:

The USPS tracking system seems to be a little bit disappointing compared to UPS or DHL or FedEx…

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Hope it gets there soon! Can’t wait to hear your results. A couple things to remember:

• Start with some cheap knives to let your stones break in and to build your technique
    • Ask lots of questions – there are loads of really knowledgeable and friendly people here
    • Have fun!
    • Check out all the great info here on the Wiki Beginners Guide (thanks Mark and Curtis!)

-Clay

Johpe
    Participant

Yeah I hope so too… I’m really itching to get started!

I’ve already scoured the house for old crappy knives to start with, before going in to the nicer ones (also just got a nice looking s90v folder from Germany today).

While waiting, I think I’ve browsed through the whole wiki and read almost all threads in this forum. There is a lot of good information here! And (of course) I’ve watched a lot of YouTube as well… ๐Ÿ˜›

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

I’m so good at USPS tracking, I usually know when it’s in their distribution center, and just go get it myself. B)

• Check out all the great info here on the Wiki Beginners Guide (thanks Mark and Curtis!)
  • Mostly me….. (hoping to bait Mark or anyone into doing a little more….) :whistle:

Johpe
    Participant

Going and picking it up is always a good idea, but it seems a bit far to me… It has been saying “Processed through sort facility” in Los Angeles (for the last 4 days) and I’m in Sweden! ๐Ÿ˜‰

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Haha… yea that would be a bit of a stretch. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 393

also just got a nice looking s90v folder from Germany today

So…. What did you get? Pictures? S90V can be a really great steel.

Ken

Johpe
    Participant

So…. What did you get? Pictures? S90V can be a really great steel.

Ken

I got a Reinhard Mรƒยผller MSP Linerlock, haven’t had time to try it out very much yet but it seems nice (maybe a little low HRC according to spec sheet but a solid knife anyway).

RAM MSP
    (hope it is ok to post off site links)

Ken Buzbee
    Participant

Looks terrific. Do you know the hardness?

Ken

Johpe
    Participant

Yes, it says around 58 HRC.

Even though the website seems to be German only, he answers e-mails in English without problem.

Ken Buzbee
    Participant

Yes, it says around 58 HRC.

Seems like he could have gotten more out of the steel running it a few points higher. 61-62?

Regardless, it looks great. Congratulations!

Ken

Johpe
    Participant

Seems like he could have gotten more out of the steel running it a few points higher. 61-62?

Yes, that’s what I thought as well. But I really wanted to try some S90V steel and I couldn’t find any other decently priced knife in that material (though I think there will be some kind of sprint run of Manix 2 XL in S90V later this year).

Aside from the a little bit too low hardness, it is a really well built and solid knife so I’m definitely happy with it.

Ken Buzbee
    Participant

(though I think there will be some kind of sprint run of Manix 2 XL in S90V later this year).

Yep, also a Yojimbo 2.

Ken

Craig Davis
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 20

Easy fix for the hardness. Send it to Paul Farner. He is awesome just to talk to and a wealth of knowlege.

I sent a BM 581 Barrage in M390 to him recently to go to 62. I’m excited to get it back to say the least.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Mostly me….. (hoping to bait Mark or anyone into doing a little more….) :whistle:

And I was hoping to get a rise out of you ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

-Clay

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.