Advanced Search

Makers Mark ?

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos Makers Mark ?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 113

🙁
    Anyone know a maker named M.Chaney ? Just got a knife to sharpen and it’s a custom numbered 22 of 35 and was wondering if anyone knew anything of the maker and the value of it ?

Tried to load a pic of it but got an ” 500 internal error, contact site admin ” message ?

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Not what came to mind when I read the thread title….. :whistle:

Only reference I could find was one was sold on Ebay (but you have to create an acct. on this site to get the info, I didn’t)…

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/custom-fixed-blade-chaney-stag-50599875

Try posting the picture again if you can, I think the error was just temporary, I’ve been getting it off and on too.

Daniel maloon
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 209

Not what came to mind when I read the thread title…..

Lol

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

i was thinking along these lines when i read it.

fine stuff, but does not work well with the WE ….. 🙁

Attachments:
    Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

A wee steadier perhaps!

DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant

Not what came to mind when I read the thread title….. :whistle:

Only reference I could find was one was sold on Ebay (but you have to create an acct. on this site to get the info, I didn’t)…

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/custom-fixed-blade-chaney-stag-50599875

Try posting the picture again if you can, I think the error was just temporary, I’ve been getting it off and on too.

Tried again Curtis, but still getting the error………….. 🙁

DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant
    Attachments:
    DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant

might do a pretty good job of ” cleaning ” the stones for the WEPS though Max, LOL.

I finally got the custom M.Chaney knife done. I decided to try and match the original angle as best I could, so I wound up putting a 20 degree edge on it, starting with the 100/200 diamonds, up through the super fine ceramics, micro fine ceramics, then stropped with the 5 / 3.5 paste on balsa finishing with the leather and the 1 / 0.5 micron paste on them.

I just got my order in from Ken Schwartz yesterday having bought some of the Nanocloth WEPS platens from him, and a 2 oz. bottle of the 4 micron CBN spray, so I will add that step in before I do the 5 / 3.5 Balsa from now on and see how that works. ( super nice guy and very willing to talk and help out….THANKS AGAIN KEN )
    :cheer:

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Darrell, I’m very confident that sooner or latter your going to figure this shinny thing out? :woohoo: That blade looks awesome! The guy is going to do summer salts! :cheer:

DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant

Darrell, I’m very confident that sooner or latter your going to figure this shinny thing out? :woohoo: That blade looks awesome! The guy is going to do summer salts! :cheer:

Thanks Eamon……….I am persistent if nothing else……..but my wife actually calls it something else altogether…….STUBBORN as a mule…… lol 😆

I would love to acquire a full set of the Choseras and be done with it, but those are a little…..a more than a little actually….out of my spending comfort zone right now, because not only would I need those, I would probably need one of the Atoma diamond plates to lap them on, which ain’t cheap either. If I were still making and selling the Native American ” style ” Flutes, it wouldn’t be an issue…..but sadly, I have no time for those anymore. 🙁

DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant

BTW…………….Does anyone know why this maker M.Chaney put that little half moon notch at the heel of the blade right before it goes back into the full tang that goes through the handle ?

Would that be a blood groove or something ? :unsure:

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

BTW…………….Does anyone know why this maker M.Chaney put that little half moon notch at the heel of the blade right before it goes back into the full tang that goes through the handle ?

That’s a “sharpening choil” or “sharpening notch”.

Here’s a page you might find interesting.

DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant

That’s a “sharpening choil” or “sharpening notch”.

Here’s a page you might find interesting.[/quote]

Thanks for that link Curtis………………LOTS and LOTS of good info there, and some amazing knives that I’ll NEVER be able to afford.

I did however run across a custom knife maker that I really liked his work a lot……….Jason Brous of Brous Blades………..www.brousblades.com…….and in particular, his SSF ( Silent Soldier Flipper ) with the Carbon Fiber handles and Wharncliff blade.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDOLU2enrt0&feature=player_embedded

I wonder which option is stronger, the liner lock, or framelock ? :unsure:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.