Advanced Search

Looking to purchase Pro Pack 2

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Looking to purchase Pro Pack 2

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Daryl Peters
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 2

Hello,
    Daryl from Saskatchewan Canada here.

Have been looking at Wicked Edge for a while now.

Currently use a Lansky sharpener and while I can get a razor sharp edge, it isn’t repeatable.
    It clamps in differently every time and the clamp seems to work loose or the knife will wiggle a bit. This has led to less sharpening and the knives loosing there edge.

So to remedy the situation, I am thinking of ordering a Wicked Edge Pro Pack 2 and the 1200/1600 grit ceramic stones.

Questions are:
    1. Will the wicked edge alleviate my loose knife, wiggling situation?
    2. Is this a good start to a new system, or are there other stones, etc. that I should also purchase?

Thanks for the help
    Daryl

R. Jeffrey Coates
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 55

You WILL be VERY pleased. It is a wonderful system only surpassed by the quality of the people with whom you will deal.

To answer your questions, Yes it will solve loose knife issues and the real beauty of the system is that if you want to repeat the edge again it is simple because all of the key mounting variables are indexed so you merely write them down (a spreadsheet template is on the site) and repeat the setup.

IMHO, the system is more like a scientific instrument than a tool. It is precise and permits exact repetition so long as one takes the time to record all of the settings.

The best personal example I can give you is that I did 8 steak knives … repeated the settings each time and I now have 8 identically sharpened knives. Because I recorded the settings I can touch them up and repeat the same edge. They all look and cut the same.

You will enjoy your experience with Clay and the WEPS crew. You will also enjoy, learn (and hopefully teach) the crowd on this forum. They are great as well.

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Welcome! I’m one of the new kids on the block and I got to tell you that you are going to love the We!!! I’ve sharpened about 40 times now and I’m just spoiled!! Razor sharp knifes every time!! My friends who I now have sharpened their edc’s are just grinning ear to ear!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.