Advanced Search

Looking for ZT 0300 Sharpening Tips

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Looking for ZT 0300 Sharpening Tips

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chaotic Machinery
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 1

Hello,

I recently picked up a ZT 0300 and was wondering if the stones that came with my WE would be OK to sharpen it?

I guess the thing that is throwing me off is the recurved part of the blade. I thought I would do some reading and a lot of the other forums are saying you need to use thin stones.

Any tips would be much appreciated. I saved some pennies for this and don’t want to screw it up. 🙂

Thanks,
    CM

Aaron
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 18

I sharpened my Kershaw Shallot, which has a similar recurve, with no trouble at all (I was a bit skeptical at first as well). I try to do more strokes that follow the curvature of the blade, rather than up/down, to prevent any odd cuts or high/low spots.

I am looking forward to trying it on my 0300BW 🙂

Daniel maloon
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 209

The stones will be fine . use your finer stones when finding the bevel after you marked it. Send me a message next time you want to buy a zt. I dont mind giving other w.e. users a discount if possible. Just go slow bud.

Zamfir
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 346

It will be just fine. As Dan said use the sharpie trick and 1k stone to situate the blade and find your angle. Split the difference around the. Curve. The belly and tip will be about the same and the curve in by the handle can be ever so slightly different angle but it would be hardly noticeable if you tilt the blade forward in the vise and have the tip and belly in the happy same angle circle. Or you can mount it flat in the vise and the Belly will be ever so slightly less of an angle. But again not noti able.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.