Advanced Search

Longer rod arms, drill stop collar suggestion

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Longer rod arms, drill stop collar suggestion

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Anybody been working on a edge for a long time getting it perfect and then you slipped up and your paddle went to high up and you came down on top of your edge, basically screwing it all up? Well yeah…. That happened to me the other day when I was working so diligently on that fine edge straight razor…. Screwed it up and I had to start all over 🙁 I actually had someone make me some new rod arms (a little while back) that are 2″ longer than stock, and have a little bit bigger of an OD. it really helps with consistency and I have not found it to get into the way at all. I was thinking of picking up some drill stop collars so that they can act as a “stop” for the top of my paddles. I think the newer ball joint arms are longer, aren’t they? If not, I believe this should be looked at as an option. What do you guys think?

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Hey Josh…

Haven’t had that particular problem… but your solution certainly sounds viable. You would definitely have to use something removable… or you couldn’t sharpen a longer knife, right?

The new rods on my update are actually shorter if you measure the rod… but longer from the pivot… the ball joint setup makes the difference. (Mine might be a prototype set, so not sure what the final version is). So, I guess in use they would be about a 1/2 inch longer. (That make sense?)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.